FORUMS: list search recent posts

reinterlacing 60p

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Burch
reinterlacing 60p
on May 14, 2008 at 1:15:54 am

I apologize if this issue has been covered, but I've been searching everywhere and can't seem to find and answer.

I am working on several projects shot with two EX-1 cameras and one Z1. The final output for these projects are all standard DVD. The Z1 footage was recorded in standard definition, since I have had issues downconverting 1080i footage shot with that camera in the past using Final Cut Pro. Being that this is the first time our company has used the EX-1, the decision was made to shoot 720p at 60fps. The idea was that this format should theoretically produce the best results when down-converted to 29.97 interlaced scan.

The problem I am having is in the conversion process of the video shot with the EX-1s. Theoretically, whatever software is doing the conversion should be able to pull information from alternate frames to create a smooth interlaced image. However, I can't seem to make this happen. Every attempt I have made has resulted in both fields containing information from the same source frame. In other words, the video plays and acts like a 30p image. Also, when paused on a single frame in FCP the image doesn't jutter like it should were it truly interlaced.

Does anybody know how I can pull a true interlaced image from my 720p footage? Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
Re: reinterlacing 60p
on May 14, 2008 at 5:47:27 am

This is covered in one of my older articles...

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/solorio_marco/interlacing_progressi...

Just go down to the section, "Convert to an Interlaced Format".

Thanks,

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]