FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 aerials

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran Finney
EX-1 aerials
on May 11, 2008 at 3:31:34 pm

Has anyone shot aerials with the EX-1? I have a shoot scheduled and I'm a little concerned about the rolling shutter effect. I haven't shot anything yet that has exposed this problem, but I'm aware of it. Were shooting from a plane, not a helicopter so we'll be moving a bit quicker, though we'll be 1000 ft up. Really the imagery below shouldn't be moving by that quickly but I'm still nervous about it.

K

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: EX-1 aerials
on May 11, 2008 at 3:38:14 pm

Hello Kieran,

Been a while since I've seen you online, I hope all is well with you and the family.

Douglas Spotted Eagle in our HDV and Sony Vegas forums does a lot of aerial shoots and I know he has an EX-1. You might try asking there in either of those forums if no one pops in with an answer here.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 11, 2008 at 5:43:27 pm

Hi Kieran,
I've shoot from a helicopter few weeks ago. No problem at all with the rolling shutter.
In few shoots I pushed the zoom quite a lot and the image is amazingly clean. I went to film a big forest. From a chopper I think is a good trial for the MPG2 format.
I finished in SD using the Smoothcam and the movie looks great.

Mac OX 10.5.2-FC 6.02-QT 7.4.1
G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM-BlackMagic Extreme
PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM-AJA ioHD
JVC DTV-17"
SONY EX-1 . SONY PD170
..and always a big mess on top of the table.

Return to posts index

ken hon
on May 11, 2008 at 9:32:41 pm

We shoot both low and high helicopter aerials and there has been no sign of the rolling shutter. We have our EX-1 on a Fig Rig with a gyro and it works great. My personal thought is that if the rolling shutter shows up on aerials, it's the least of the problems (the bouncing, shaking, and poor flying would have made the shots unusable anyway).

Aloha,

Ken

Return to posts index

Carroll Lam
on May 12, 2008 at 12:46:34 am

You might want to check the videos of the air show at this site:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/

Carroll Lam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved