FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 on-screen information

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Green
EX1 on-screen information
on May 10, 2008 at 9:41:18 pm

I've had the markers menu item set to display much of the possible information (safety zone, zebras, peaking, camera information, etc.) on the EX1 LCD screen, which worked fine for weeks. Today, after adjusting the S&Q Motion menu and shooting a test at 60 fps, then returning to HQ 1080/30P, all on-screen information has disappeared, even though in the setup menu the markers settings are as I think they should be (most set to On). What can I do, besides executing a full reset of the camera?

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: EX1 on-screen information
on May 10, 2008 at 10:45:38 pm

There is a button on the top of the camera body that you probably pushed by accident.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Chuck Green
on May 10, 2008 at 10:55:01 pm

Thanks Steve. I found a very small button, which does not look so much like a button as a label perhaps, 'DISPLAY" below which is 'BATT INFO'. Pressing it returned the information. I am set for tomorrow's shoot.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 12, 2008 at 6:53:59 am

Good luck on that shoot.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on May 12, 2008 at 11:42:02 am

These stupid little 'buttons' on the top are a flaming nuisance as they are so easily pressed by your fingers as you pick up the camera. It is the same with the Z1, I'm surprised that there haven't been more complaints.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Chuck Green
on May 14, 2008 at 1:06:01 am

An interesting thing happened on an out of state shoot yesterday. A camera operator I've worked with many times before was using his relatively new EX1, when he had an attack of color bars and tone which he could not get turn off - he must have hit the tiny BARS/CAM button right next to my evil button. So you've helped him too, indirectly, and he'll probably help another EX1 shooter someday...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]