FORUMS: list search recent posts

new technology

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Pearson
new technology
on May 2, 2008 at 4:06:58 am

Hey fellas. I'm really close to purchasing my first HD camera and i'm leaning towards the xd cam. Does anyone know of any new technology or new cameras that are coming out in the near future that I might want to wait for or look into? Thanks for the advice.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: new technology
on May 2, 2008 at 8:49:24 am

Have a look to the "RED Scarlet" or "RED One"

Mac OX 10.5.2-FC 6.02-QT 7.4.1
G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM-BlackMagic Extreme
PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM-AJA ioHD
JVC DTV-17"
SONY EX-1 . SONY PD170
..and always a big mess on top of the table.

Return to posts index

Yves Chauvel
on May 2, 2008 at 10:59:39 am

The Sony XDCAM EX3 should be available around mid-July.
The Red One is another interesting thing but different animal. 4k and higher budget even if quite low compared to other high end HD ot 4k cameras

Return to posts index

Johnny White
on May 2, 2008 at 12:17:52 pm

I'm pretty much ready to purchase an Xdcam ex and then along comes the promise of Scarlet (3K for under $3k!!) which look like it'll revolutionise the business, but it doesn't exist and I bet on over a year to wait and I've hopefully got a few projects between now and then so I might buy.....

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 2, 2008 at 12:45:19 pm

a year for the camera, time after that to work at the kinks (as is happening with Red, workflow to support it, ancillary gear that'll make the cost much more than $3K.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 2, 2008 at 4:49:24 pm

There's always going to be another camera around the corner- in addition to the EX3 which gives you interchangeable lenses and the Scarlet- which is easily a year off. There's also the Panasonic HVX200A and the HPX170. But rest assured the EX1 is a solid camera and among the top in its class and price range. Do your research and you won't be disappointed.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]