FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080 30p stuttering

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Bingham
1080 30p stuttering
on May 1, 2008 at 4:42:56 pm

I have been using 1080 30p for recording and I like the overall look a lot better than 1080 60i. Since I am new to HD (I just retired my Sony DSR 300) I find that using 30p causes a slight stuttering of any motion when played back video using the EX1 on a HD TV set. I am coming out via component into a 1080p TV set, but a waterfall, zooming, panning all has this slight stuttering look to anything moving. Perhaps if I hooked up via HD SDI into a real HD monitor I would not see this. Will this go away when we are able to burn Blu-Ray at 1080p? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: 1080 30p stuttering
on May 1, 2008 at 4:46:19 pm

Dave,

This is a common observation by people new to 24 or 30p shooting. It usally has to do with the technology of the monitor you're watching. CRT's have a slower refresh than LCD's or other flatscreens. You're final product will usually be interpolated back to interlace, even though the fields are repeated, to smooth out the look. Don't worry about, you'll get used to it!

JS

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 1, 2008 at 5:24:54 pm

I believe some (many) HDTVs component inputs are only 1080i. I found this out when researching an HDTV to buy.

What I do at the moment is go from my CPU (MacPro) which has two DVI outputs, is to send one to a DVI to HDMI cable into my Samsung 46" 1080p HDTV.

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on May 1, 2008 at 7:17:24 pm

[Craig Seeman] "What I do at the moment is go from my CPU (MacPro) which has two DVI outputs, is to send one to a DVI to HDMI cable into my Samsung 46" 1080p HDTV."

where does he get all those wonderful toys??

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]