FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM and Avid

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Ciesinski
XDCAM and Avid
on May 1, 2008 at 12:49:00 pm

Hi all,

We just started using an XDCAM 335 and a PDW U1 optical disc drive. Our old workflow with tape was for the producer to create an Avid log and we would batch capture from that. We would like to continue to work this way. Our problem is, although the producer can subclip the XDCAM files and create an Avid log, how do we bring in the files and retain this info. We have saved the clip info to the disc and I can import the Avid log with subclip in/out info, I can see the subclip titles but when I batch import the XDCAM files they come into my bin with different clip titles so that they do not match the Avid log the producer created Basically we do not understand the workflow at all. Right now I basically stare at his Avid log and try to match it up with the clips I imported. This gets the work done but is not efficient by any means. Any and all help is welcome, thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Miguel Angel Lopez
Re: XDCAM and Avid
on May 6, 2008 at 2:50:20 pm

Hi Mark,

I´m new here... I'll teel you my experience. We are doing a TV show with XDCAM cameras recording in HD 35 and Avid Media Composer (2.7.7) with this workflow: All proxys are imported / "text" editing using proxys / production & client approval in proxys / batch digitize using a Adrenaline HD and a XDCAM VTR (HD-SDI)/ finalizing in dnxhd. Sometimes we do a Batch import, then a transcode (xdcam - dnxhd), but it take longer.

Hope have helped...

Miguel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]