FORUMS: list search recent posts

just don't know what to do

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yves groenen
just don't know what to do
on Apr 30, 2008 at 8:51:21 pm

Hello everyone hope you can help me out I'm confused:

The problem is the mp4 format of the XDcam pmw-ex1. After shooting i tranferred everything through USB to my hard disk. Vlc player plays it, so does the clip browser software form sony.

The pickle is that i can't import the mp4 files in final cut version 6.0.3
I have downloaded the xdcam tranfer software version 2.1 but it doesn't recognize my mp4's as a source,

My quicktime also is updated to the latest version. But it doenst recognize the mp4format

So I'm quite running out of solutions.I think the clip transfer went wrong, i only have the mp4file and xml file... But it would be absurd that i couldn't use the mp4 file... I can play it with vlc and clip browser ...

Anyone got an answer please!!!
thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
Re: just don't know what to do
on Apr 30, 2008 at 11:29:32 pm

Yves,

The BPAV folder from your card MUST be inside another folder before the Sony Transfer software will recognize it. You can name this folder anything you wish, such as card1, Card2 etc. Did you do that? The transfer software transfers everything into .mov files, which is what FCP needs.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 1, 2008 at 12:21:25 am

Exactly- it has to be transferred via FCP and the transfer application that you can find here:

http://www.callboxlive.com/resources/?p=88

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 1, 2008 at 12:54:02 am

New version of XDCAM Transfer Software is 2.5.1. 2.1 is old.

I guess some are learning the lesson the hard way. Transfer the ENTIRE BPAV FOLDER. I believe, not only does is say it in one of them "thar" manuals, it says to ONLY USE the Clip Browser or Transfer software and NOT to do it by hand.

VLC does a lousy job as a conversion app. I believe Adobe PremierePro can now handle the MP4 directly as can Vegas.

Return to posts index

yves groenen
on May 1, 2008 at 1:12:16 pm

Hello Chris thanks for the help so far, but it's still not working. Before explaining any further could I send you some pics of my desktop? Then you can see for yourself what it is that I'm doing wrong. cause the transfer software just doesn't recognise my mp4 clips. I've placed the BPAV in another folder,

Thanks a lot and greetings
Yves

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]