FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony xdcam ex 1 clip corrupted

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
madan lepcha
Sony xdcam ex 1 clip corrupted
on Apr 27, 2008 at 3:07:34 am

Hi there, can anyone help me. My assistant accidantly switched off ex 1 while in recording. after i switched back camera it said to restore sxs card. I quickly copied content on my computer
It showed two clips but as I formatted my sxs card it only restored one clip. other clips (2.2 gb files) shows in computer but does not load into clip browser. can we retrieve those data.anyone please help it contains the last 5 minutes of ending of the two day concert very important.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Sony xdcam ex 1 clip corrupted
on Apr 29, 2008 at 2:30:00 am

Try downloading the latest version of the XDCAM Transfer software. It is capable of fixing some corrupted clips:

http://www.callboxlive.com/resources/?p=88

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

madan lepcha
on Apr 29, 2008 at 10:07:33 am

Thank you very much Noah.I have downloaded xdcam transfer 2.5.1 but still no luck. there are only four files in the CLPR folder MP4, PPN, XML, BIM but fifth one which is SMI is missing.

So I copied BPAV into sxs card and tried to open using FCStudio and new XDCAM transfer but no luck. Also tried to open folder directly from desktop to XDCAM transfer without any luck. Tried copying SMI file into the corrupted CLPR folder and renamed the number. It shows the number in the Sony ex clip browser but no video only black folder with cross sign at the bottom right. Don't know what to do with this metadata.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 29, 2008 at 2:03:24 pm

The SMI file should be located as follows
BPAV/CLPR/"CLIPNAME"/"CLIPNAME.SMI"

Here's content from one of my SMI flies. You can look at the content of a good SMI file and possibly recreate the info you need.

umid="060A2B340101010501010D43130000008DBBF8C1334505DC0800460202280F15">

Return to posts index

madan lepcha
on Apr 29, 2008 at 11:32:05 pm

craig thanks for your response. Could you please tell me step by step method to recode SMI folder in Macpro using fcstudio2 and
xdcam tranfer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]