FORUMS: list search recent posts

Archive work flow for the EX3?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Tetamore
Archive work flow for the EX3?
on Apr 26, 2008 at 3:45:24 am

I've been shooting with the Canon XLH1 simply because of the lens and focal length advantage, but I've been wanting to move to a tapeless solution. Plus, editing in HDV is not fun for long form productions.

Anyway, does anyone have a good archive work flow to back up video files from the EX1, and the even more exciting EX3? I assume I could just copy them to a data DVD.

Thanks

The Visual Rabbi

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Archive work flow for the EX3?
on Apr 26, 2008 at 3:59:59 am

Data DVD or BluRay.

Mac OX 10.5.2-FC 6.02-QT 7.4.1
G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM-BlackMagic Extreme
PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM-AJA ioHD
JVC DTV-17"
SONY EX-1 . SONY PD170
..and always a big mess on top of the table.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 26, 2008 at 5:32:41 am

You can also go hard drives though not long term reliable or LTO tapes if you are willing to invest a bit in backup longevity. We have a training DVD that covers the EX1 workflow but everything in there applies to the EX3 as well.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Edward G Downie
on Apr 29, 2008 at 3:26:14 pm

I think data bluray is a good idea, have Sony comes out with a portable bluray unit as yet? they were hinting and such a unit when I went to the XDCam EX1 seminar at DuArt early this year I am thinking about the EX3 and don't think hard drive is a good archive solution I have d9 tapes from 1999 and I have no trouble with these tapes, heard drive they all went under in three to five years, Quantum has a solution CNN uses the Quantum 600A it was made specificily for Video check it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]