FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purchasing a PMW-EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
doug branch
Purchasing a PMW-EX1
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:28:50 am

First off i am very impressed with this camera after reading up on it. Any suggestions on where to buy this for best price.

I tried some of the online places that offer this at 4500 or so and the add ons where a joke. Is this camera ever sold without a lens? 4500 for body lens extra with some...sounds as if i am getting bait and switched.

what is the minimum amount of SxS card space i should get?

Is there anywhere in NYC to purchase this equipment same day.

thanks all for responses.

doug

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Purchasing a PMW-EX1
on Apr 24, 2008 at 2:38:13 am

B&H

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

doug branch
on Apr 24, 2008 at 3:22:39 am

Michael,

thanks for quick feedback..unfortunately they arent open till monday... shoot is monday night in NYC..i wanted to spend a little time with the camera setting it up... I may have no choice though. thanks again,

doug

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 24, 2008 at 4:06:23 am

Doug
I have the 2-8 gigs cards that came with the EX1 and I purchased 2-16 gig cards and this has been working well for me. I get nearly an hour at HQ 1080 24p with one 16 gig card.
Good luck with the hunt to find your camera, try Mid Town Video in Miami, they had the camera weeks before anyone.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Mickey Houlihan
on Apr 24, 2008 at 1:47:50 pm

Hi Doug,
If you get stuck, we have the PMW-EX1's in stock in Colorado and could ship today.
Authorized Sony dealer.

Mickey Houlihan
(303) 443-9822

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 24, 2008 at 3:13:09 pm

Armato's
Same price as B&H. Located in Queens NY. SPECTACULAR customer service. Allowed me to play with the camera for over 3 hours in the store. Will provide FREE loaner if your camera has to go in for repair for more than 48 hours. They're a Sony Authorized Service Center too.

Return to posts index

Dean Sensui
on Apr 24, 2008 at 6:49:04 am

Stick to the reputable ones like B&H.

To say the camera is "body only" is like saying you're buying an airplane with the wings as an option.

As for card space, take a look at the maximum number of tapes you use on a typical assignment. At 1080p30 a 16-gig card will give you 57 minutes of recording time.

Basic math (and a credit card) will take it from there. :-)

Dean Sensui -- Hawaii Goes Fishing

Return to posts index

Michael Field
on Apr 24, 2008 at 11:58:56 am

Abel Cinetech downtown in NYC has the camera for the same price as B&H, and should be open this week. Totally reputable, authorized dealer (unlike some in NYC), so you'll be able to take advantage of the card rebate.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 24, 2008 at 3:25:45 pm

Second the Abel Cine Tech recommendation- they are as good a price as B&H with far better after the sale support. And they have the cam on display and ready to play with in their showroom. Head on over. :)

-Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

doug branch
on Apr 24, 2008 at 6:49:08 pm

Thanks everyone for their responses. Purchase one this am at abel in NYC.

cant wait to get my eye in this thing. will post opinions soon!

thanks again,

doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]