FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Pro Res Plays Over Firewire?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Jones
FCP Pro Res Plays Over Firewire?
on Apr 22, 2008 at 1:47:20 pm

I dropped an EX-1 1080i project onto a timeline setup in FCP Easy Setup for DV-NTSC Firewire Basic. I changed the rendering to Pro res and rendered the timeline as usual. Looks great and plays fine over firewire to my DVCAM deck.
It seems counter-intuitive that a Pro res rendered project would play over firewire. Could someone in-the-know explain how this works.
Thanks!

Kevin Jones

2.5GHz Quad-core PowerPC G5
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCP Pro Res Plays Over Firewire?
on Apr 22, 2008 at 2:56:06 pm

It's actually not- FCP is downconverting ProRes to DV on the fly...

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 22, 2008 at 7:22:00 pm

And you can even edit in XDCAM EX native and it'll spit that out firewire too (and spit is kinda accurate because that's what it'll look like).

Return to posts index

Kevin Jones
on Apr 23, 2008 at 3:19:36 am

Craig, you might be able to answer this.
In the Easy Setup menus there are several different version of DV available. What is the difference?
Thanks.

kj

2.5GHz Quad-core PowerPC G5
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 23, 2008 at 6:12:40 pm

DV is DV- there's no different flavors just the frame rates and PAL vs. NTSC.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Apr 26, 2008 at 4:49:20 pm

well you have the plain vanilla DV PAL or DV NTSC settings ... use these setups if you've shot bulk standard 4:3 DV

then you have the Anamorphic variants ,... use these if you have shot in "widescreen" mode with your 4:3 DV camera, or in DV mode with your 16:9 HDV camera

then there are the "Firewire Basic" variants ... use these if you are having problems getting your camera to be recognised or controlled with FCP (most commonly this is needed with Canon's DV cameras)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]