FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 Updates???

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Insler
EX1 Updates???
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:25:21 pm

Anyone know of news to update the EX1 Firmware? Would love to have the rolling shutter problem fixed. Also, it would be really nice to have all lens data written into the metadata of each recorded clip. As an independent filmmaker and VFX artist, having this information always recorded for each clip (rather than having to record it manually on each take) would be wonderful.

If anyone from Sony is reading this, these are my suggestions right now. Also, is there a venue for providing comments to Sony?

All the best!

Ben

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX1 Updates???
on Apr 17, 2008 at 8:27:55 pm

[Ben Insler] "Would love to have the rolling shutter problem fixed."

Don't hold your breath for this one. The rolling shutter phenomenon is a CMOS thing and certainly not restricted to the EX. Even the RED ONE camera has rolling shutter.

- Don

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
on Apr 17, 2008 at 8:33:45 pm

[Don Greening] "Even the RED ONE camera has rolling shutter."

I thought they fixed this in RED, no?

Regardless, the lens data would be fantastic. The camera is already reading and displaying it on screen. It would be SUCH A benefit to have it in the metadata.

Ben

Ben Insler

Editor

Telemark Films

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 17, 2008 at 10:04:17 pm

Firmware update should happen in July or August although I've heard some disagreement about what it will actually contain.

Return to posts index

Ted Joyce
Re: firmware update by user?
on Apr 18, 2008 at 4:20:29 pm

We just had our EX1's firmware updated by Sony. Does this mean having to ship it out again??? Tell me it will be user updateable please...

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
on Apr 18, 2008 at 4:24:26 pm

Yes, I hope so too! I thought the idea was that Firmware updates could be loaded onto a blank SxS card and that the camera would recognize the update and install it?

[Ted Joyce] "We just had our EX1's firmware updated by Sony."

What did your update include? I was not aware of an update.

Ben

Return to posts index

Ted Joyce
on Apr 18, 2008 at 4:27:57 pm

not sure as it will come back today or monday. Its to fix the known problems vinetting, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]