FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX 3 Camera!!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
EX 3 Camera!!!
on Apr 13, 2008 at 12:44:43 pm

What gives, Sony already modify what we have just bought???

Return to posts index

Adam Rose Esq.
Re: EX 3 Camera!!!
on Apr 13, 2008 at 12:59:54 pm

interchangeable lenses, better buttons, fold-out shoulder support, new I/O etc

dreeeeeeeeamy stuff

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 13, 2008 at 1:36:27 pm

Why start yet ANOTHER thread?

Basically its an interchangeable lens version. I'd expect and hope for that at this NAB. Why do you find that surprising. It's over $11,000. Great for what you get but it's simply the next in the series which Sony SAID there was going to be (a series).

It also has BNC TC in/out. Under/Over Crank on button instead of menu. They go rid of the ViewFinder and now the LCD can be used as either.

It's sorta like the same series Canon has done with the XH A1, G1, XL H1.

It's no replacement. It's second in a series.

I'm actually more interested in any firmware changes and the new peripherals like SxS hard drive.

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Apr 13, 2008 at 1:54:30 pm

Oh I'm sooooo glad I waited to buy more SxS cards. 60 gig direct connect hard drive for around a grand, happy birthday to me!!! The forums are all a twitter.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

randy Strome
on Apr 13, 2008 at 4:19:36 pm

[Mick Haensler] "Oh I'm sooooo glad I waited to buy more SxS cards. 60 gig direct connect hard drive for around a grand, happy birthday to me!!! The forums are all a twitter."

I am missing the benefit as opposed to 2 32 Gig Cards. Aside from price, sticking with SXS seems so much cleaner. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Nigel Cooper
on Apr 13, 2008 at 5:03:17 pm

Good point, you are not missing anything. You would be if the hard drive was 500GB, but sadly it is not. Come on Sony.

Return to posts index

randy Strome
on Apr 13, 2008 at 5:32:26 pm

[Nigel Cooper] "Good point, you are not missing anything. You would be if the hard drive was 500GB, but sadly it is not. Come on Sony."

...now a similarly sized device that would record 4:2:2 from HDSI...

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Apr 13, 2008 at 7:22:02 pm

[randy Strome] "Aside from price, sticking with SXS seems so much cleaner. What am I missing?"

You're not missing anything Randy. Price is my only motivation here. I have to say, I was expecting more storage capacity, but for around half the price of SxS card(from all I can tell), I'll take it. I haven't been able to shoot many jobs with my EX because I only have 2 8gig cards and no Macbook to offload to. This means I can finally relegate my Z1 to backup or B cam. That being said, if the price of the 32's comes down comparably, I'll go that route. And I'm gonna want to see some field tests and workflow solutions before I plunk down da cash.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Apr 14, 2008 at 7:49:01 pm

I'm surprised someone is still manufacturing 60 GB HDD's. Sony will have to follow with a bigger hard drive on the next ones or interchangable hot swap HDD's. These will be obsolete soon like the Firestore FS100's are for P2 users. The 1st Firestore was 40GB if I remember correctly. They were great in their time when all there was were 4GB P2 cards but with 64GB cards around the corner they seem a little archaic. Better to invest in more cards or a laptop IMHO.

"everything is broken" ......Bob Dylan

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Apr 15, 2008 at 10:43:04 am

You know I have to say I jumped the gun on getting excited over the 60g HD. 60 gig for a grand sucks, what was I thinking. Got caught up in the hype.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]