FORUMS: list search recent posts

Battery Drain on the EX1.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
Battery Drain on the EX1.
on Apr 11, 2008 at 10:52:50 am

I seem to recall a thread on this a while ago but I have just got the camera. Even with the larger battery I find that it drains terribly quickly if left on the camera, even when switched off. I found that three green lights disappeared in about three hours, with the camera off - is this possible? If so we have to take batteries off the camera all the time in the field during gaps in shooting which is a real pain. It could be that as this was a first charge of a new battery it will settle down, I certainly hope so. Anyone else found this problem?

Return to posts index

Ray Palmer
Re: Battery Drain on the EX1.
on Apr 11, 2008 at 12:08:30 pm

It would be easy to check.
Take the battery off the camera and make a jumper from the battery to the camera with wires. Put a Volt Ohm Meter in series with the battery and measure the current, both with the camera turned on and with the camera off.

I don't own one of these cameras or I would do it for you.
Ray

Ray Palmer, Engineer
Salt River Project
Phoenix, AZ
602-236-8224 office
There are three types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.

Return to posts index

Jim Kinsey
on Apr 12, 2008 at 1:28:58 am

It is true. I got it straight from a Sony reps mouth. It is a issue they are working on and may have a fix for it soon. So for now shoot your scenes and when not in use take the battery off and put back on when your ready to shoot again. I have been doing this with my panasonic hvx200 with the battery tab connection issue. So its routine for me anyway. Hope this helps.

JK

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 12, 2008 at 5:06:06 am

Yep this happened to me the first few times and I thought I'd left the camera on. But it really does drain the battery down in a hurry even when off- like it will be dead within a few days. So I'd recommend pulling the battery at the end of a shoot day.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]