FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Import EX1 footage on HDD to final cut

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Dimitrov
How to Import EX1 footage on HDD to final cut
on Apr 7, 2008 at 3:02:19 pm

Does any one know how to import EX1 footage from a hard to final cut> I shot some footage the other day and I transfered BPAV folders files to my external first> I can't import from XDCAM transfer cause the source files aren't available and clip browser doesn't give the option to export. I appreciate any help in this.

Im running Leopard and final cut 6.0.2

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: How to Import EX1 footage on HDD to final cut
on Apr 7, 2008 at 6:18:49 pm

Each individual BPAV folder should reside in another individual folder with a unique name of your choosing: something like "Name of your Project or Shoot-card 01". For example if you have 5 card transfers on your media drive the 5 BPAV folders should be inside 5 more uniquely named folders. Don't change the actual BPAV folder name to anything else, otherwise the Sony Transfer Tool will not see them.

Start the Sony Transfer Tool and navigate to the first "Card 1" folder and open it. The Transfer Tool will see the BPAV folder. Choose "Import" and all the filenames inside that folder will be transferred and unwrapped from .mp4 to the format your computer is working with.

.mov format for Mac
.avi format for Windows

- Don

Return to posts index

Bernd Mosblech
on Apr 18, 2008 at 12:40:11 pm

I've transferred files from EX1 SOny CAM to my MAC hard disc without using the Clip Browser. I do have the files but can't open them in Final Cut, can I open, read them, work with them or are the lost for eternity.
I do work in Germany and am looking for help...

best

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Apr 20, 2008 at 1:50:17 am

Bernd, you have to use the Sony Transfer Tool to transfer the clips from the BPAV folder to another location on your hard drive. In the process of transferring, the .mp4 EX files will be turned into QT .mov files which is what FCP uses.

- Don

Return to posts index

Bernd Mosblech
on Apr 21, 2008 at 1:31:09 pm

Thanks , I shall try the best I can
Greetings from Germany
Bernd Mosblech

Return to posts index

Bernd Mosblech
on Apr 24, 2008 at 5:16:04 pm

Dear Master of EX1 ...

have tried , it did not work well...
once again:
I shot EX1- just copied from CAM EX1 to my laptop MAC Book Pro, not using any Sony software (browser etc.) just pulled the files over. All the Gigas are there but I can't open them with XDCAM Transfer neither with Brower...
Please help again
Best Bernd Mosblech

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 24, 2008 at 5:40:28 pm

As Don has said just drag the BPAV folder to a NEW FOLDER and label it as CARD #1 or what ever you want to call it, then in the XD Cam Transfer software find that NEW FOLDER and it will open. The Transfer software opens the BPAV folder all be it self from choosing the NEW FOLDER it is in.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Bernd Mosblech
on May 2, 2008 at 11:39:40 am

Dear Michael,
I seem to be no good, but I still can't open my files.
Again:
I shot with EX1, did not use the SONY Transfer browser software, connected CAM with Firewire to my MAC Book PRO, and copied the folders and files onto my Computer.

Now, following your advice I did create an new folder, called it Chart#1 and copied from BPVA folder all to Chart#1. Then I opened my XD-Transfer program, it does find the folder, but says NO CLIPS.

I am stillunable to see my shots, which are so important...

best regards
Bernd Mosblech

Return to posts index

simon bergman Vázquez
on Aug 15, 2011 at 11:55:42 pm

I have the same issue, and I dont know how to solve it.

Have a BVAP with CLPR folder and TAKR folder.

Inside another folders with the name of each shoot.

Hope someone answers.

Return to posts index

Chris Dimitrov
on Aug 16, 2011 at 5:01:47 am

Well as I’m sure as you have read you must create a new folder and of course name it using some format. I usually name the file after the project following the card number. Example, “CaptainAmerica Card1” then drop the bpav folder from your SxS card or wherever you have put it, into the newly created folder and use either final cut or xdcam browser to view it but when you open the folder to view your footageit you must click on or highlight the newly created file in, this case the "CaptainAmerica Card 1" Folder, then click on open on the bottom right and not the actual BPAV file inside that folder. But before any of is to work you’ll need to install the sxs driver. I hope this makes sense. Try this and let me know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]