FORUMS: list search recent posts

White Balance in PP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Hall
White Balance in PP
on Mar 30, 2008 at 11:05:56 pm

I did a test to see if the correct white balance temp would show on the LCD/viewfinder when using a Picture Profile with a preset color temp.
I set two PPs, one at 5600K, one at 7200K with all the other settings at default, and named the Profiles 5600K and 7200K accordingly.
When the PP was selected, the LCD did show the correct white balance, but the white balance switch must be set to Preset, not to A or B. If A or B is selected, you will see the last reading for those values and not the value selected in the PP.
Because of how I named the PPs, I had 5600K or 7200K appear at the bottom of the screen twice, so I didn't really need to have the Display PP set to 'On'.
Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: White Balance in PP
on Mar 31, 2008 at 9:50:21 pm

Derek, that's brilliant, I have been asking questions about this for days. I wonder why they set the system like this, you would think that the figure shown would always be the one in operation at the time. I thought that the preset was one you specified elsewhere in the menu if you wanted to change the default one. How come a PP would overwrite that? Anyhow, thanks a lot for that, I'm away from my camera at present but I'll experiment as per your info.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Derek Hall
Re: White Balance in PP
on Apr 1, 2008 at 3:07:47 am

Michael, I agree, there are many things in the EX1 menu system which don't seem logical. Also, the users manual lacks a lot of information so it's left for owners to discover things by trial and error. Good luck.
Derek

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]