FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marker in metadata that differentiates clips when imported into FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lovecraft
Marker in metadata that differentiates clips when imported into FCP
on Mar 30, 2008 at 10:18:56 am

I have been looking into the EX-1 for doing very fast same day edits for weddings. My dream would be some kind of index button on the camera that marks the clip that is being recorded as I push the button as something different, that when transfered to Final Cut Pro would have some kind of marking - like make the clip in the bin red or put a marker on the video where I pushed the marker button on the camera. Has anyone ever done this, is there some way I can mark a clip that will be easily spotted while editing? This would make editing almost instantaneous.

It seems that this would be useful for logging good takes in all video situations. If the EX-1 with XDCAM doesn't support this, does anyone know of any other camera or way of importing footage into FCP that comes close?

I have been thinking about this for a while and this would change my life.

Thanks, I really hope this is something that is done all the time and I just never came across it. I use Z1Us now.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Marker in metadata that differentiates clips when imported into FCP
on Mar 30, 2008 at 12:16:11 pm

Every time you start record you create a new clip. Thought I'd mention that in case you weren't aware of it.

You can mark clips while recording. You can put markers on an assignable button. Another neat trick is using time of day time code. If you match the EX1 clock time code to your watch and know what time a specific thing happened, you'll be able to go right to it.

Return to posts index

David Lovecraft
Re: Marker in metadata that differentiates clips when imported into FCP
on Mar 30, 2008 at 8:27:48 pm

Do you know how the marker that you use via the assign button shows up in final cut pro? Do you have to do something while using the FCP import XDCAM feature?

Thanks to anyone :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]