FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode Output on EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco Solorio
Timecode Output on EX1
on Mar 17, 2008 at 5:18:37 am

So I'd like to have timecode output of my EX1 during shoots and since there's no dedicated TC output, I need to improvise. So apparently the HD-SDI spigot has embedded timecode. Has anyone come up with a solution to use either the HD-SDI spigot or the i.Link port with some kind of demuxer, de-embedder or converter to send out LTC timecode?

I've searched the better part of the last three or so hours and just can't find anything. Well, not completely true. There are a few converters out there, but at a cost of around $3k with other features (SDI <> FireWire, digital audio, etc.) that I don't need for this application.

Any idears?

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Timecode Output on EX1
on Mar 19, 2008 at 7:10:48 am

There is a TC piece that we found last year. Didn't buy it but we still need it and will purchase it soon, IF I can remember who it was. I'll have that answer tomorrow. I believe a company in Las Vegas makes it.

Around $200. We need it so we can feed HD-SDI into our Black Magic Multibridge and input timecode as well into FCP.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Mar 19, 2008 at 7:20:26 am

Ooph! You're teasing me, Steve! My wallet is open and ready to spend $200 on such a device! Hope you find out who it was... I just can't seem to find anything.

Thanks!

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 23, 2008 at 5:37:34 am

Hi Marco,
May be something like this?

http://www.adrielec.com/fcs/

Mac OX 10.5.2-FC 6.02-QT 7.4.1
G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM-BlackMagic Extreme
PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM-AJA ioHD
JVC DTV-17"
SONY EX-1 . SONY PD170
..and always a big mess on top of the table.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
No. is not that.
on Mar 23, 2008 at 5:48:06 am

Sorry. That device routes the TC though the RS-422. You need a camera or desck with a dedicated TC OUT.

Mac OX 10.5.2-FC 6.02-QT 7.4.1
G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM-BlackMagic Extreme
PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM-AJA ioHD
JVC DTV-17"
SONY EX-1 . SONY PD170
..and always a big mess on top of the table.

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
Re: No. is not that.
on Mar 23, 2008 at 10:05:19 am

Thanks for the link anyway, Rafael. But yeah, there's a Horita unit that does the same sort of thing (although I've never heard of the company you linked to or their devices, which gives me hope that there's something still out there that I haven't seen since this company didn't come up in any of my searches).

The closest thing I've still only found is this unit but has way more bells and whistles than I need (at a cost of around $3350)...

http://www.evertz.com/products/8010TM-IRIG

Still on the search as I'm not giving up yet! Steve, did you find out what that company was that you saw that might have such a "black box"?

Pretty easy... HD-SDI BNC input (with an HD-SDI loop out would be nice) and an LTC output (BNC, 1/4" or XLR doesn't matter to me). Seems like such a simple box to make since there are so many other "timecode" black boxes out there. Sigh.

Return to posts index

Richard Wirth
on Apr 2, 2008 at 5:36:33 am

We're looking for the same product - Timecode De-embedder - for the Sony EX1. Don't understand how this camera gets the CineAlta moniker when they make it so difficult to configure it for double system sound!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]