FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 resolutions to HDSDI and its media?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Garman
EX1 resolutions to HDSDI and its media?
on Mar 16, 2008 at 5:11:01 pm

Here is what I undesrstood. Take signal directly (live) from camera's HD-SDI spigot and you get 1920x1080, but take it on (playback) from the media and you only get 1440x1080. Is that correct?
The manual (which is very confusing in its terminology) seems to indicate that at the HQ setting you could even get 1920x1080 off the card media. I'm just confused about this and need to know the facts.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Robert Nolty
Re: EX1 resolutions to HDSDI and its media?
on Mar 19, 2008 at 3:55:27 am

Hi -- All the HQ 1080 modes are recorded as 1920x1080. All the SP 1080 modes are recorded as 1440x1080. Sorry, I can't figure out from the documentation (and don't have the hardware to figure out) what comes out the HD-SDI when working in SP.

Bob

Return to posts index

Steve Garman
Re: EX1 resolutions to HDSDI and its media?
on Mar 19, 2008 at 11:31:40 pm

Does anyone know the resolution coming out the direct HD-SDI port when the EX1 camera is running in "camera" mode and also printing to its card media. I've been led to believe 1920 x 1080 is always goi9ng out the HD-SDI BNC regardless of the HQ or SP setting. Is this true? If so, then the resolution only changes going to the media and so the quality switch is really for the encoder feeding the media. That doesn't seem logical but I'd love to find someone who knows for sure.
Thanks,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]