FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS Cards Not Fitting Correctly in 1st Gen MacBook Pro 15 inch

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben McElroy
SxS Cards Not Fitting Correctly in 1st Gen MacBook Pro 15 inch
on Mar 15, 2008 at 4:24:20 am

Hello folks, Has any one else experienced problems with their 1st generation MBP laptops and SxS not fitting correctly in the slot?

When I initial put the card in my computer it is not recognized. As soon as I push the card in a little more with my finger, the card show up right away and I'm able to download footage off it, but I still have to hold the card in the slot really tight.

This can't be normal right?

Return to posts index

Michael Moser
Re: SxS Cards Not Fitting Correctly in 1st Gen MacBook Pro 15 inch
on Mar 15, 2008 at 11:47:50 pm

Definitely not normal. If you have AppleCare or even if not, take it to an Apple Store or some place like it and have it checked out.
I had problems and it turned out there were two little silica gel balls inside the slot. They ruined the board which then needed to be replaced (causing intermittent connection when it got warm).

Mike

Return to posts index

Ben McElroy
on Mar 16, 2008 at 2:25:32 am

Thanks Mike, I took it to the apple store today and they have to send it out for repairs.. Bummer since I just got my Ex1 on Friday. I'll have to wait 2 weeks while they fix it.

Return to posts index

Michael Moser
on Mar 16, 2008 at 2:32:29 am

That'll give you time to fill up the cards.
-M

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Mar 16, 2008 at 4:02:04 am

If your MacBook is the only Mac you own then you're hooped until you get it back. But if you have another Mac you can always drag the BPAV folders to a connected hard drive then clear off your cards for more shooting.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]