FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to rent 2 Sony EX cameras

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Goldman
Need to rent 2 Sony EX cameras
on Mar 7, 2008 at 4:46:17 pm

I am looking to rent two additional Sony EX cameras (we own one now) for one or two days for a theater show in a month from now. I also need eleven 16GB SxS memory cards , the larger Sony batteries and two fluid head tripods.

We are in Rockville, MD and I am new to the area. Is there any facility near by that can rent us the gear or possibly people who own this camera and accessories that might want to rent? I am also looking for three good camera operators for the day.

It's a one man show that lasts for 2 1/2 hours with intermission.

Gary

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Need to rent 2 Sony EX cameras
on Mar 7, 2008 at 10:30:04 pm

That's a lot of cards. You might look at a download during intermission or download during the performance.

If you move the event to Phoenix, I'll come help you with it.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Gary Alan
Re: Need to rent 2 Sony EX cameras
on Mar 7, 2008 at 11:00:31 pm

Hu Steve,

:-) Can't move the show to AZ this time. We could probably get by with running two 16gb cards loaded on each cam and swapping out the third card during intermission. Should be easier/cheaper than hiring people and laptops and hard drives to download during the show. Plus the possibility of someone messing up the download to laptop and losing footage I cannot replace. If I can't find enough 16gb cards to rent, then I have no choice to do what you suggest. Hmmm, Maybe I should buy cards and rent them out. :-) Maybe 8GB cards are easier to get and swap out more often.

Anyone around Rockville, MD that owns a Sony EX and possibly wants to shoot for a three hour show?

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]