FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 card compatability

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Ella
EX-1 card compatability
on Mar 5, 2008 at 9:49:44 am

This is my first post so a big hello to everyone. I am new to Video, coming from a DSLR background, so please forgive me if this a stupid question. I read on some review for the EX-1 that it took SxS cards which was the new version of the old PCMCIA card, called the Express card. Express slots are built into the side of newer Laptops I know. My question is, is there a difference between a SxS card and an Express card, as you can buy Express cards for a quarter of the price of a Sony badged SxS card? If there is a difference what is it?
Thanks
Graham

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: EX-1 card compatability
on Mar 5, 2008 at 3:15:11 pm

This question gets posted so often there should be an FAQ about it.

Right now there is only Sony and soon Sandisk SxS cards. Various sources do say that Sony will offer a firmware update to the camera which will allow the use of other cards. Such cards will still have to be certified by Sony. There is no date no certitude that this firmware update will happen but I did hear about it from reliable Sony reps. Keep in mind the data rate the card must handle is much higher than 35mbps especially in overcrank at 60fps.

Return to posts index

rafael amador
on Mar 5, 2008 at 3:43:07 pm

God my listen you Craig. The Sandisk SxS cards cost less than half the price of the SONY.

PPC G5 2x2Gh 4GbRAM/BlackMagic SD/PMBP 17"Core2Duo 4GbRAM
JVC DTV-17"/FCS2/AE CS3/COMBUSTION/SHAKE

Return to posts index

Kyle Self
on Mar 5, 2008 at 4:42:59 pm

Really, half? And where would that be? I don't know anyone who has seen a scandisk sxs card, but everything I've always heard put them in the same price bracket as the Sony cards when they arrive.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]