FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any sign of 32 or even 64 gig cards for ex yet ?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan early
Any sign of 32 or even 64 gig cards for ex yet ?
on Feb 19, 2008 at 10:12:24 am

I see Panasonic have released the 64 gig p2 cards, in Australia it seems you can only get 8 and 16 gig cards at this stage. I'd love a couple of 32 gig cards, or 64, or 128...

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Any sign of 32 or even 64 gig cards for ex yet ?
on Feb 19, 2008 at 2:16:12 pm

Rumor mill has the 32's coming out sometime this fall. I just paid a grand (with tax) for another 16gig card yesterday. You can bet that when the 32's come out the price of the 16's will drop drastically. Cost of doing business I guess. The 32's are projected to be around $1695.00 USD. Let's hope the rumor mill is wrong on that one and it ends up being less.

- Don

Return to posts index

Chris Brown
on Feb 19, 2008 at 3:59:54 pm

Let's hope Sandisk comes out with a knock-off at half the price! Competition is healthy for everyone.

~ CB

Return to posts index

Boyd McCollum
on Feb 20, 2008 at 6:10:08 am

I heard somewhere that SxS stands for Sony by SanDisk. If this is so, I'm not sure they will do a "knockoff".

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 20, 2008 at 2:18:26 pm

SxS is both Sony and Sandisk. There's also a rumored firmware update which will allow the use of less expensive cards. There's a rumor 32GB cards by NAB.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 20, 2008 at 5:44:56 pm

[Craig Seeman] "There's a rumor 32GB cards by NAB."

I like your rumor better than my rumor.

- Don

Return to posts index

John Zentmeyer
on Feb 20, 2008 at 11:41:43 pm

Ok for what it is worth, try a search for this part number from Sandisk SDX-VS-016G-A101 or SDXVS016GA101. I have two on order and will see if they will work. ( I'll pay the restock fee if they are not ) Rumor mill (not sure where I saw it several weeks ago) says they might be the SxS "clone" from sandisk. They do not reference the PMW-EX1, nor has anyone tried one yet. Worth the risk though.

Currently on eternal backorder but the place I bought from has them listed as one of their top sellers even though they've never had them in stock. (popular based on number of backorders I presume)

Oh will the fun of searching for that all elusive EX1 memory alternative never cease!!!

John

Return to posts index

John Zentmeyer
on Apr 12, 2008 at 2:44:56 pm

Well, After two months on backorder, company canceled order with no explanation. (I think they were hiding real reason)

Let's all do our part to keep the price gouging and the self dictated monopoly on EX1 compatible cards going strong.(Sony and Sandisk, in case they don't know who I am addressing).

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 12, 2008 at 3:00:44 pm

According to DVUSER (see PMW-EX3 further up) 32GB will be available in September and 60GB HD recorder in July.

No mention of firmware update to allow other cards. Sandisk has been quiet too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]