FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD progressive copies

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Bale
SD progressive copies
on Feb 18, 2008 at 3:53:07 pm

Maybe i'm missing something. When I try making progressive SD files from HDCAM EX (1080.25p in FCP) they always end up being interlaced. I always tick the Progressive box in Compressor for SD output.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: SD progressive copies
on Feb 18, 2008 at 4:58:24 pm

EX1 HD to SD in FCP

Excellent article explaining how this is done. I hope the COW doesn't mind my pointing to it since I'd rather do that and make sure the author gets credit that paraphrasing myself.

Return to posts index

Stephen Bale
on Feb 18, 2008 at 7:19:07 pm

Thanks Craig, that work flow makes an amazing difference to the picture quality. I'm still puzzled though. When I check to see if the SD file is still a ProgScan copy I find it has changed to interlaced. This also happend when using FCP compressor. I've repeated this conversion countless times and about ready to admit defeat..... for tonight at least.

Return to posts index

ryan early
on Feb 19, 2008 at 10:10:03 am

How good is the xdcamex picture quality on an sd dvd with that process ? does it look better than material originating on sd ? My experience using hdv downconverted to sd dvd was that it looked much worse than stuff shot on standard def.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 19, 2008 at 2:18:09 pm

[ryan early] "How good is the xdcamex picture quality on an sd dvd with that process ?"

Provided the down-convert is done properly it looks better than SD. That's been my experience.

- Don

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Feb 20, 2008 at 1:45:56 am

Has anyone tried this process with HDV footage? Sometime in the next few months I'm gonna start editing a doc that was shot in HDV. I usually downconvert from the camera and just edit in SD, but for this one I want to keep it in HDV or some other HD codec.

MIck Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]