FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 and Viper

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
EX-1 and Viper
on Feb 16, 2008 at 8:30:11 am

Got a call tonight at 9pm from a friend who is a DIT on a $10m pilot being shot in Phoenix right now. They needed to rent one of our EX-1s for two weeks. The name of the show is S.I.S. No, it's not about your sister. It's Special Investigation Squad. They are shooting it with two Vipers, mostly. All of the vehicle interiors are being shot with a Sony EX-1 as well as quite a few other shots. The DIT told me that the cameras mix easily and the EX-1 is much better in low light.

Oh, and the reason they needed mine? It seems like someone walked past theirs, snagged it with a cable and knocked it to the floor. The handle was busted, the flip out screen was broken off, and the VF was hanging there by a wire. But, it still worked. They just couldn't see the picture.

Oh gawd. What have I done.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX-1 and Viper
on Feb 16, 2008 at 4:47:08 pm

Steve, are they using the HQ files or are they recording HD-SDI to a deck?. And what about a wide angle adapter with these interior car shots? Sounds like the EX1 secret is out. Good for you on the rental, I think my investment will be recovered by spring.

Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Feb 17, 2008 at 3:22:31 am

They taped a series 9 ProMist filter on there and went for it, recording to the cards. tThe Vipers were running fiber to Sony SRW decks. I have 12 daily rentals scheduled at this time. Yep, the word is out.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Feb 17, 2008 at 3:46:29 am

GOOD ON YOU STEVE