FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing with EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Ebed
Editing with EX1
on Feb 8, 2008 at 5:42:58 am

Can you use the EX1 as a play back deck and keep the info on the cards and plug straight to the PC or is is bad for the camera. Also I need to get a mac,is a night and day difference between g5 with mac processors and the new Pentium ones or just a little ? Been shooting (JIB and steadi) for years I should have done this long ago but just starting in editing,going to get FCP.Ya?
Thanks
Phill.

PHILL.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Editing with EX1
on Feb 8, 2008 at 1:53:11 pm

[Phillip Ebed] "Can you use the EX1 as a play back deck and keep the info on the cards and plug straight to the PC or is is bad for the camera."

You plug the camera into the computer via USB and copy the files to your hard drive. Why would you want to do anything else?

[Phillip Ebed] "Also I need to get a mac,is a night and day difference between g5 with mac processors and the new Pentium ones or just a little ?"

My G5 Dual Macstill works but it's slow. I'll be getting an 8 Core Intel Mac in the not too distant future. How much faster depends on what you're doing but in video time=money is the new CPUs are major faster from ingest to render.

Return to posts index

Dean Sensui
Re: Editing with EX1
on Feb 9, 2008 at 7:02:37 am

[Craig Seeman] "[Phillip Ebed] "Can you use the EX1 as a play back deck and keep the info on the cards and plug straight to the PC or is is bad for the camera."

You plug the camera into the computer via USB and copy the files to your hard drive. Why would you want to do anything else?"

Wouldn't that wear out the heads? :-)

Dean Sensui -- Imagination Media Hawaii

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]