FORUMS: list search recent posts

fluid head

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Gunn
fluid head
on Feb 3, 2008 at 10:14:42 pm

I pulled an O'Connor 515 fluid head out of my closet to use with the EX-1. Does anybody know the recommended weight range with this head? It seems to have to heavy a counterbalance.

JoJo (Dan) Gunn
info@gunnsphotovideo.com

Return to posts index

Julie Tremblay
Re: fluid head
on Mar 24, 2008 at 2:07:44 pm

Did you find out any info on this head? I'm trying to get info myself... My understanding is this is the predecessor to the O'Connor Ultimate DV which had a counter balance from 0 - 20lbs...

I'm just trying to varify this, and to find out if this would work with a DVX100 -

j

Return to posts index

Dan Gunn
on Mar 24, 2008 at 4:06:03 pm

Hi Julie,

I did get the info. The counterbalance adjusts from 0 lbs to 22 lbs. I have one head holding a Sony PD170 and one holding a Sony EX-1.........GREAT! For years, I have been using prosummer heads for my light cameras and always searching for the perfect lightweight head. It does not exist and that statement includes Sachler. The O'Connor heads are heavier but very smoooothe. There is a reason why you see them on so many movie sets.

Return to posts index

Julie Tremblay
on Mar 24, 2008 at 5:43:26 pm

Hey Dan,

sounds good... I did get some info from someone who said the 515 only holds 15lbs, and notated the "15" in the model... since my set up is way under this I should be all set either way - I'm not married to the idea of a light head, only a head that isn't over rated in terms of counter balance - I've got an email into O'Connor to get more specifics on cost for missing parts -

thanks for your response -
j

Return to posts index

Dan Gunn
on Mar 24, 2008 at 7:49:01 pm

Julie,

I actually talked with a gentleman in the service/repair department re. the specs. The head is well worth repairs. This morning, I was reviewing footage and I noticed how much the pans and tilts had improved since going to O'Connor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]