FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 Workflow

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
EX1 Workflow
on Jan 31, 2008 at 10:57:23 am

Having spent yesterday examining all my options at the London Broadcast Show I am considering getting the EX1 but, since my editing system (Media 100) can't yet handle the XDCAM files, and downloading the media as HDV through firewire to my M10 HDV deck and then editing as I do now (using the HD-Connect to convert to HD).
I realise that I would be foregoing the higher quality of XDCAM but would still gain as regards the bigger CMOS chip, better low light performance, manual lens etc. Any comments concerning this plan pending being able to edit the files in Media 100?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX1 Workflow
on Jan 31, 2008 at 4:24:00 pm

I see you have asked the same basic question here and over on the HDV forum. If you ultimately want HQ quality and don't want to go down the HDV road then here is what you can do. Record HQ to the card, dump the entire BPAV file to a firewire drive to store to continue to shoot, then when finished transfer the BPAV file back to the card one file session at a time and use the camera to play back, sending the signal out the HD-SDi port into the Avid and capture into whatever intermediate codec Avid uses. This isn't quite the process I described on the HDV page back it cuts time off of the process with higher overall quality.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 31, 2008 at 11:13:40 pm

Thanks Michael, see my post on the HDV forum. I do feel now that I'm on the right track.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Michael Stevens
on Feb 3, 2008 at 4:11:20 am

Once you save to the SxS card you are in 8 bit. The 10 bit is gone and it wont come back when you play the SxS cards from the camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]