FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Member needing info on EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip ebed
New Member needing info on EX1
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:00:05 am

Just joined CCW,I am a JIB owner/OP here in LA Ca.
last year we had the HVX 200 on so much I was going to buy one,band Pro guys said wait for the Sony.That I would (with base plate and rods) have true focus control with the JIB motor's and not half to leave it on AF like the 200.any comments on this cameras Manual Focus
setting?
Thanks Phill.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: New Member needing info on EX1
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:05:08 pm

As of right now the auto focus on the EX1 is IMO not really good enough for tight longer lens work if this is what you need. I'm sure you could get good DoF for wider lens work and avoid this auto focus for now. And I'm sure one could add a remote motor and hire a focus puller but I don't think this is what you wanted to hear. Perhaps there is someone here who has knowledge of a firmware update that could possibly help this wandering AF.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Marion Laney
Re: New Member needing info on EX1
on Feb 4, 2008 at 11:37:50 pm

I believe you are asking if you can more precisely manually control the focus on the EX-1. If that is your question, the the answer as an owner of both HVX and EX-1 is the manual focus is a much more serious/pro system on the EX-1. You can even have real calibrated marks.

If you put your hands on a EX-1 camera just grip the focus ring and pull toward the body and the click will put you in manual focus with trues close and infinity stops. In the forward position the ring reverts back to a non-calibrated configuration. I still have issues with the Avid workflow not being worked out but the camera I still like.

Good luck.

Marion Laney
Director-DP-sometimes Editor
ideaWercs, inc.
Atlanta, Ga. USA
Producing in HD&35mm&SD
Food Network series "Good Eats" and others.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]