FORUMS: list search recent posts

BP-U60 Batteries

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
BP-U60 Batteries
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:49:31 am

Just got 4 BP-U60 batteries from BandPro, charged them, and they show "450 minutes remaining". 7 hours? I switched the camera on this morning at 8:30 on a shoot and needed a battery change at 2:30 using the power zoom all day long. I could actually like this.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: BP-U60 Batteries
on Jan 31, 2008 at 6:11:52 am

Just don't leave the battery on the camera over night, you definately won't like that.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Phillip ebed
on Jan 31, 2008 at 6:42:37 am

Good eve,I just joined CCW,Looks like a very helpful place to be, I am thinking about buying an EX1. I am local (LA Ca.) JIB owner op. and last year I had the HVX 200 on so mush I was going to buy one until Band Pro guys said to wait for this camera.
What happen to the batteries?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 31, 2008 at 8:02:56 am

[Phillip ebed] "What happen to the batteries?"

Phillip, welcome to Creative Cow. If you leave the battery attached it will drain down to nothing in about 3 days even when the camera is off. No official response from Sony yet as to the reason.

- Don

Return to posts index

Phillip ebed
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:06:09 am

Michael. I am a new member but I thought (if you havent already seen this) may like this zoom control. I used it today on the EX1 and it's much smother than VZ.
http://www.gdbint.com.au/productImage.asp?pID=622
Let me know
Phill.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jan 31, 2008 at 4:06:55 pm

Thanks Phillip, I haven't seen this unit as yet, I made a purchase yesterday for the VariZoom lens control. I also found out that the VariZoom unit doesn't have the speed control dial like some of there other units, does the Libec have a dial to control the speed besides the rocker lever? The link you posted is only a picture.

And yes as Don said the batteries drain themselves if left on the EX1.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Jan 31, 2008 at 4:31:39 pm

Just the rocker on the Libec

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:13:11 pm

The Zoe EX has a stepless speed control wheel on the right side of the control body.

Right-click to download the .pdf file.

http://www.bebob.de/international/zoe-EX-instruction_eng-ger.pdf

- Don

Return to posts index

Phillip ebed
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:26:14 pm

Hey it Phill I forgot to give you the LINK sorry here it is
http://www.gdbint.com.au/Product.aspx?pID=696

Return to posts index

Phillip ebed
on Jan 31, 2008 at 5:24:35 pm

Good Morn, guys the Libec in my opinion Is far smother and has MUCH better response Vs the VZ or BeBoB, Ive used all three on the jibs,the BB andVZ many time the libec once, it can control full ENG Fuji or Canon lenses (connects to the regula remote zoom in the bottom of the lens)also with a click of the switch on the side.Start stop is at a nice location also, Just all around feels,reacts better and is more useful.Im hopefully getting mine to keep with the Jibs and (hopefully my EX1)this week,If your Local LA let me know and you can try it out.
Or go to Able Cine(ask for Jerode Let him know you spoke to me)
they have it there here is a link I think is better,idont know this Comp
Phill.

Return to posts index

jim Watt
on Feb 2, 2008 at 9:55:13 am

I just finished a 20 day shoot in China with the BP-U60 batteries. It was cold, about 25 or so, we were outside most of the time and I was shooting 2-3, 16 gig cards a day and never went through two batteries. On several days only used one. It was snowing most of the time so I was using a rain cover and ended up using the "crappy" viewfinder rather than the LCD most of the time, so that saved on battery drain a bit.

Aside from the issue of battery drain when left overnight, they PMW-EX1 seems to be working just fine.

The viewfinder on the other hand is very disappointing & not as good as the Z1U & FX1 models.

JW

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina"

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 2, 2008 at 10:14:39 am

Jim Watt, I am surprised by your comments re. the view finder on the EX1. We know that all these finders are inferior to the 'proper' high res ones on the larger cameras but Sony say that the new ones on the EX1 and even the Z7 are much higher res than the Z1. I hate the Z1 finder but having 'played' with the EX1 it does seem to be a bit better - not a lot - but better!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Stu Blair
on Feb 23, 2010 at 9:14:34 pm

I am shooting with the EX 3 and using the Manfrotto remote zoom control...excellent unit...very impressed with the smoothness and control. beats the VariZoom hands down. But having said that I love the VariZoom shoulder/handheld mount!

Stu

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 1, 2008 at 3:13:21 pm

450 minutes???? How so? It's a 4 hour battery and mine shows 260 minutes. Have you found a way to "overcharge" it?

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Feb 1, 2008 at 10:06:10 pm

[Steve Wargo] "

Just got 4 BP-U60 batteries from BandPro"

hi steve
i just went to their site, cannot find these batteries.
do they make them or did you buy standard sony batteries FROM BandPro?

in a couple of weeks some local manufacturers are going to release a BP-U60 thats half the price... now for the stupidly priced memory...

mark

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Feb 3, 2008 at 5:17:23 am

They're Sony. Wanted to wait but had a big job come up. The Super Bowl is here this week and all of our cameras are out. Had to take what I could get. I saw where the BeBob folks have a box that mounts under the camera and accepts IDX v-mounts. They could certainly last a while. Having hauled Anton 140s around for the past 5 years, these batteries are a blessing. And I could use a blessing once in a while.

On the 450 minute thing, that slipped down to around 360 minutes after being turned on for a short while. And, speaking of "overcharging", I thinks that's what happened when we got the bill.

The footage on a card thing still spooks my but it's very cool to be able to dump a clip before moving on to take two. We still don't have post capabilities. I've got FCP 6 coming as well as Leopard.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]