FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 How to disable Auto-Flatten-Battery feature?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
EX-1 How to disable Auto-Flatten-Battery feature?
on Jan 27, 2008 at 5:15:57 pm

hi guys
seriously now, this is very odd.

I had a fully charged battery on tuesday night ready for a shoot on Weds.

Filmed 20 mins of footage on Weds, camera was not on standby much at all, and switched it off till today when I wanted to see the material on the camera. The battery was completely flat, dead.

Ive had several cameras before and none have managed to use battery power when the camera is off!! Should I send my camera in as faulty or are you guys experiencing this strange behaviour.

Catch yaal later
Mark.
ps, I am 100% sure the camera was OFF between weds and today as I looked at the switch purposefully when i switched her on today.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX-1 How to disable Auto-Flatten-Battery feature?
on Jan 27, 2008 at 5:38:36 pm

[Mark Palmos] "Ive had several cameras before and none have managed to use battery power when the camera is off!! "

Same here. Rest assured that there are lots of EX1 owners in the same boat. This is a known issue and one that we all hope Sony is working on to resolve. You can certainly tell your local Sony rep but there is no quick fix that I know of at this time. All you can do right now is to keep the battery off the camera when you're not using it.

- Don

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jan 27, 2008 at 7:57:02 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/142/856816

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Jan 27, 2008 at 10:34:04 pm

Thanks Don and Michael... im not sure whether to be relieved or not! Hopefully Sony will sort that out, and I agree fully, the menu is a mess.

Cheers,
Mark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]