FORUMS: list search recent posts

UV filter on but cant get Matt box on

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Hitchcock
UV filter on but cant get Matt box on
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:22:25 pm

Just put a UV filter on but cant get EX1 Matt box on.
Anybody else have that problem?
I'm going to have to get a new Matt box. I'll try Zacuto.com and see if theres filts with a 77mm filter.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: UV filter on but cant get Matt box on
on Jan 26, 2008 at 6:56:01 pm

Not all 77mm filters are created equal. You need to find a thin version like the B&W clear glass protector filter. I'm using a Tamron piece that's thin enough to easily get the stock hood back on the camera. It's a UV filter though, and you may be looking for just clear glass. If the thin filters work with the stock hood I'm assuming that they'll also work with a 3rd party matte box.

- Don

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 26, 2008 at 10:25:15 pm

Great Clear Glass Fits perfectly with lens hood. As Don notes, many 77mm filters are too thick to put the lens hood back on.

Return to posts index

ken hon
on Jan 27, 2008 at 1:22:09 am

Aloha,
This is something that has annoyed me since Sony brought out the Z1. Before that you could get both a UV and a Polarizer under the hood of a 170. Then with the Z1 you could only get either the polarizer or the UV filter. Now with the EX1, we can only get the UV filter on, the polarizer won't fit. I suppose I could get one of the thinner wide angle polarizers and see if it works, but jeez would it kill them to make a sunshade that you could fit 2 filters under. I really don't like removing the UV filter as there are generally a lot of tiny particles being blown around where we work. Anybody have recommendations for a light, sturdy shade that you can fit 2 filters under?

Mahalo,

Ken

Return to posts index

Michael Stevens
on Jan 27, 2008 at 1:57:02 am

I've been all through this since my FX1. The bottom line is the EX1 needs a matte box to hold the polarizer and additional ND filters and graduated filters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]