FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 Bought now what?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Hitchcock
EX1 Bought now what?
on Jan 25, 2008 at 12:40:59 pm

Well just hooked up to my 56" projection monitor and the quality looks better than the HVX200. Not sure if I need the wide angle lens yet as it looks wide on the 16:9 format.
Wonding if I should get the UV filter?
I'm going to NZ & Australia shortly and I need to transfer my data from the SXS card. I thought I might find a mac resource I can go to like an internet cafe or a post house and Transfer the files to either a DL DVD or I could bring a Drive that takes USB2 Sata. Or I could bring my sons lap top ( he doesnt want to part with it)
Can I transfer data without downloading Sonys software. Yes I know, read the manual :>)
Peter

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX1 Bought now what?
on Jan 26, 2008 at 3:34:21 am

[Peter Hitchcock] "Wonding if I should get the UV filter?"

If not that then at least a clear filter to protect your lens. It's like an AMEX card. Don't leave home without it.

[Peter Hitchcock] "Can I transfer data without downloading Sonys software."

Yes, but you can't view the files. In order for the card to show up on your desktop at all you need to at least have Sony's SxS Pro memory card software driver installed on the host computer. Once that's done just hook the EX to the computer using the USB cable and choose to "Connect Using USB" when the prompt comes up in the camera's VF. The SxS card will mount on the desktop like any other external device. Double click the card icon and drag the BPAV folder to the hard drive icon of your computer. Everything will get transferred to your computer, then you can reformat the card.

Sony's Clip browser and Transfer Tool (and the software driver) are all free at the Sony web site. I would strongly recommend you at least have the Clip Browser on the host computer so you can view the clips. Minimum requirements for the Clip Browser is an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]