FORUMS: list search recent posts

Histogram

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Strome
Histogram
on Jan 23, 2008 at 7:12:21 pm

Let this be my note to the powers that be in firmware development. I would love to see a full screen histogram toggle, as well as a RGB Histogram. Possibly make the histogram selectable button have 4 stages that we could cycle through. Off-Small-Large-RGB. Too easy to blow a single channel as is when pushing to the right.

By the way, my camera came :)

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Histogram
on Jan 24, 2008 at 2:23:09 am

Hmm, a full set of scopes in software in the camera. Well, it would be a fantasy wouldn't it.
Maybe chroma or RGB Zebras could work too. At least there are now good software scopes that you can use on a laptop for that kind of detail.

Return to posts index

Randy Strome
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:01:38 am

Hi Craig,

A full screen single option seems like it would be a no brainer as the process is already is already there, only the display would need to be changed. That alone would make me happy :)

As for RGB, that does not seem like too tall an order for the tech that is already in place, but....

I love this camera!

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:49:31 am

[Randy Strome] "By the way, my camera came :)"

How does the wife feel about the new girlfriend?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 has arrived and it's fascinating.

Return to posts index

Randy Strome
on Jan 24, 2008 at 12:48:05 pm

[Steve Wargo] "How does the wife feel about the new girlfriend?"

I wouldn't know. I haven't seen her in 2 days :)

In sincerity, I am shocked by this little camera. I am finding it very intuitive. Highlights for me so far have been the usability of the LCD for critical focus, the immediacy of the iris ring, and the feeling of dread being replaced by delight when I sit down to capture and realize that there's no need.

I ended up picking up a Sachtler DV6 over the Bogen I had planned on and that is one nice piece of kit.

I will post some results soon.

Thanks to this group for all of the help that you have given!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]