FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 Clip Browser upgrade?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Hall
EX1 Clip Browser upgrade?
on Jan 21, 2008 at 5:08:05 am

When trying to open the EX1 clip browser - "You cannot open the application XDCam EX Clip Browser because it is not supported on this system."

The system - G5 with plenty of everything, OS X 10.4.11, using
FCP6, a Kona board. I've searched Sony and Apple but can't find any mention of a browser upgrade. Have I overlooked something? Other experiences?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Derek Hall
Re: EX1 Clip Browser upgrade?
on Jan 21, 2008 at 5:18:08 am

Okay I found the EX1 Clip Browser version 1.1 at
http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowContent.action?site=biz_en_GB&contentId=...

- the one on the CD is version 1.0, maybe 1.1 is the answer.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Is Core 2 Duo really necessary
on Jan 21, 2008 at 6:42:15 am

Both of our Intel macs are dual core but not "core 2 duo". The browser works on our laptop and we've ordered FCP 6. I see that the requirement is Core 2 Duo. This would indicate that the Sony software only works on the very latest Macs? (not referring to and Windows machines, here) It seems odd that Sony would dismiss everyone else.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 has arrived and it's fascinating.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Is Core 2 Duo really necessary
on Jan 21, 2008 at 7:41:55 am

Apparently Sony's clips browser is for Intel Macs only but the Sony Transfer Tool works on both Intel and Power PC.

- Don

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Missed the point..
on Jan 23, 2008 at 12:58:56 am

Don,
I need to restae more clearly.

I have Intel Macs but they are NOT core 2 duo, as listed as required. They are "dual core" but not "core 2 duo".

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 has arrived and it's fascinating.

Return to posts index

Andy Nagel
on Jan 24, 2008 at 4:56:40 pm

Ahh, this is the first clear statement of what will/won't work on my PPC Dual 2.0 G5. If I understand, the EX Transfer plug-in for FCP will allow me to import the files to FCP, but I can't use Clip Browser to view, rename, edit or add metadata to clips. Don, can you point me to your source or any other info on non-Intel compatibility?
Andy

Return to posts index

Richard Grassick
on Jul 28, 2008 at 1:54:05 pm

I've started working with a PMW-EX1 in the past few weeks, and can see the problem this thread points to. I am based in a Media Workshop here in Darlington which has G5s, but also work on location and in Germany with Intel Macs. I therefore need to be able to view and copy clips in various places, and potentially rough edit in two countries. This is fine with the Clip Browser - I can copy files to/from any drive, and the integrity of the files remains. But as soon as I hit the G5, I can only import into FCP. Once the files are on that machine, they can only be exported from the FCP timeline, eg as Quicktime files.

So I'm trying to ensure access to an Intel Macbook Pro in both countries, so that files are still moveable once they are off the SxS card. The G5 is not redundant - just the "end of the line" as far as workflow is concerned - unless anyone knows of a G5 compatible clip browser, as opposed to FCP plug-in.

Hope this helps...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 28, 2008 at 5:16:29 pm

ShotPut Express can work on G5 I believe
http://www.imagineproducts.com/ShotPut_EXpress.html
I don't think it has the ClipBrowser Split function (split 16GB for DL-DVD for example) but I might be wrong about that. Otherwise it does the ClipBrowser copy functions from SxS and probably is better for file organization too.

Return to posts index

Richard Grassick
on Aug 30, 2008 at 8:56:06 am

Thanks Craig. Will check out when I get back to base.

Return to posts index

Jason Lewis
Re: EX1 Clip Browser upgrade?
on Mar 15, 2009 at 12:36:24 pm

That link does not work anymore. I have uploaded Clip Browser version 1.01 Mac & PC install & the EX1 to Avid Software for anyone who needs it at the links below. It also contains the driver for the cards.

http://rapidshare.com/files/209482868/XDCAM_EX_Clip_Browser.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/209115610/XDCAM_EX_to_Avid_0.5.zip.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]