FORUMS: list search recent posts

Protecting your XDCAM EX en route and on site

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Maler
Protecting your XDCAM EX en route and on site
on Jan 14, 2008 at 6:56:55 pm

Hi everyone. I just received my PMW-EX1 and am still digging into the manuals. It's going to be a great tool.

Like many of you, I am really careful with my equipment and I like to keep gear very well protected. As you all know, lacking a tape mechanism, the camera is differently sized and proportioned than many other small cameras.

The bag/case/backpack manufacturers haven't revealed much about what bags work for this new camera yet.

Has anyone found a case, bag or backpack that works well for this camera? Given the size/proportion differences, I almost think a large DSLR bag, case or backpack could work, but I'm not sure.

Personally, I'd like to hold the camera, a shotgun mic, a wireless lav mic, extra battery, powersupply, laptop and a tripod. I'd prefer a backpack if I had a choice.

Has anyone found a good solution? Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
Re: Protecting your XDCAM EX en route and on site
on Jan 14, 2008 at 7:40:17 pm

I've been using a Cinebag backpack with my Z-1 for a while now, the EX-1 fits but is pretty tight. I'd rather have it tight than loose. You can also fit most everything else in your kit sans laptop. At around $150 US, it's a pretty good deal. I've traveled internationally with this pack and it comforms to airline carry on standards.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Protecting your XDCAM EX en route and on site
on Jan 15, 2008 at 2:54:01 am

This is working well for me

Lowepro Rolling Compu Trekker

Return to posts index

Christopher Freeland
Re: Protecting your XDCAM
on Jan 17, 2008 at 9:31:27 am

Early this morning Sony just announced the US street price for its new PDW700 XDCAM HD422 camera. Confirmed by a Sony rep at Paramount Pictures the camera will sell in the US for $37,000.00 (without lens).
Ouch!!!!!!!!!
This comes as a big disappointment, especially for independent camera operators - myself included.
One can buy a Panasonic AJHDX2000 for $27,000 which is switchable from 50mbs to 100mbs bitrate 1920p 422 quality.

Sony can kiss my A$$

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Jan 17, 2008 at 3:23:01 pm

[Christopher Freeland] "Early this morning Sony just announced the US street price for its new PDW700 XDCAM HD422 camera. Confirmed by a Sony rep at Paramount Pictures the camera will sell in the US for $37,000.00 (without lens).
Ouch!!!!!!!!!
This comes as a big disappointment, especially for independent camera operators - myself included.
One can buy a Panasonic AJHDX2000 for $27,000 which is switchable from 50mbs to 100mbs bitrate 1920p 422 quality.

Sony can kiss my A$$"

And this relates to the thread topic how?? BTW, how long have you worked for Panasonic?

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Jan 17, 2008 at 4:58:17 pm

Mick,

I'm not sticking up for Sony, but I think that price is a "list" price and various discounts will apply. Please feel free to contact me off-list when the cameras are actually being delivered and I'll be able to get you a much better deal.

JS

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Jan 17, 2008 at 11:25:57 pm

[john sharaf] "Mick,

I'm not sticking up for Sony, but I think that price is a "list" price and various discounts will apply. Please feel free to contact me off-list when the cameras are actually being delivered and I'll be able to get you a much better deal.

JS"

I think you got the wrong guy John. I'm not in the market for a camera

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]