FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lens Care

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
Lens Care
on Jan 6, 2008 at 4:23:37 pm

Hello all,
When I studied photography, students would usually put an A1 skylight filter over the lens to protect it. If you had dust or whatever on the filter, you could use lens tissue or even your cotton T shirt to clean it without fear.

My previous camera was an XL1 and i was a little more careful, had no filter, but after 5 years was using my t shirt directly on the lens (yes, i know, very bad boy)

"Dust off" is good, but is clunky and not convenient for running about since its big and heavy. Brushes with squashy back bits are ok but often get dirty themselves and just blow the dust elsewhere I find. Is a permanent protective filter possible/advisable what do you guys use to keep your lens dust free?

Ta
Mark.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Lens Care
on Jan 8, 2008 at 3:16:12 am

I got Schneider Optics B&W Clear Glass
and got it at Adorama

Not all 77mm filters are thin enough to allow you to but the EX1 Lens Hood back on. The above wokrs and Schneider makes good glass.

Return to posts index

mark palmos
on Jan 8, 2008 at 9:59:16 am

Hi there Craig
Thanks for the info mate.

Im in the UK so did a search for B + W 77mm MC (Multi Resistant Coating) Clear Glass Protection Filter and found ones which say B+W
http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails~productID~7115~categoryid~249.h...

I phoned them and they say they are waiting for the "thin ones which have not come out yet". Were you aware of a thin and thicker variety? Im not sure if the store is BS'ing.

tx
Mark

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 8, 2008 at 1:02:24 pm

The key is this Schneider Optics stock code
Stock Code: 66-1001705
They make quite a few 77mm filters and I wouldn't be surprised if some are thicker than others
various 77mm

Although the stock code I mention is the ONLY 77mm Clear MRC they make. Some will try to sell you Clear UV Haze filter which seem to have 2 versions 010 and 010M but those are HAZE filters and I want unaltered optics (or as close as one can get to it).

Return to posts index

mark palmos
on Jan 8, 2008 at 1:16:21 pm

thanks mate, i will go from there.
now to get the ***t off my lens BEFORE i put the filter on.
aaaaurrggghhh...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]