FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX Workflow Advice Needed

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Babbitt
EX Workflow Advice Needed
on Dec 27, 2007 at 7:24:23 pm

I'm coming from a DVCAM background where I've always logged and batch-captured my footage, organizing it into various clips according to scene, or various single events throughout the shoot. Since the EX creates a new clip every time you start and stop the camera, I am faced with the prospect of hundreds of clips from a day's shoot in my browser. Can anyone suggest a means of quickly organizing these clips into larger segments when importing into FCP or some means of organizing footage to make things more manageable?

Return to posts index

Gary Alan
Re: EX Workflow Advice Needed
on Dec 27, 2007 at 8:09:23 pm

bins

Mac Pro 3Ghz Intel Dual Duo, 6GB RAM, 30" ACD
MacBook Pro 17"
Sony XDCAM EX with a Sachtler Tripod System

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Dec 27, 2007 at 8:33:14 pm

So, the solution is to sort through hundreds of clips in the browser, and drag them into various bins? Isn't there a more elegant way of doing this on import perhaps? It just seems like it's going to be a tedious process.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Dec 29, 2007 at 7:23:30 am

That's what interns or students are for. If you have to do it yourself, try to not go insane. However, once it's done, things get very easy.

Normally, when we log and capture, we try to capture every shot as a separate clip so we can dump them later when not needed to avoid using too much storage space.

We assigned the #4 assignable button to "delete last clip". That way, if we roll a take that obviously won't be used, it's hit the #4 and then 2 clicks with the joy stick and it's gone.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
Sony EX-1 has arrived and it's fascinating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]