FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX Lens Control

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
randy Strome
EX Lens Control
on Dec 16, 2007 at 10:26:53 pm

Just a note to update on lens control for those who are interested. Sony business let me know that none of the current breed of 8 pin controllers will work with the EX. They said that Fujinon has shared the protocol, however, and that at least one Japanese group was working on a device. Details were sparse.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX Lens Control
on Dec 17, 2007 at 3:10:23 am

[randy Strome] "Details were sparse."

Doesn't sound too promising for the near future, does it? I guess that's why the company I bought my EX1 from is trying to make their own lens controller for this camera. I was told by the VP of the company that they've now got the service manual (for the wiring diagram) and will "create" something from their parts bins.

Thanks for the update, Randy.

- Don

Return to posts index

Jeff Blauvelt
on Dec 18, 2007 at 2:23:30 pm

Band Pro Film Digital showed a Zoe zoom controller working with the Sony XDCAM EX1 at their Open House event on Dec 13 and we plan to order them for the two EX1 cameras we just purchased.

HD Cinema - production and post

Return to posts index

randy strome
on Dec 18, 2007 at 4:52:57 pm

Was that a product that Zoe had made specifically fo rthe EX?

Do you have a product link?

Thanks for the update.

Return to posts index

Jeff Blauvelt
on Dec 18, 2007 at 6:42:08 pm

I just learned that it was a prototype and that expected availability is late January or early February. Available through Band Pro in Burbank.

Return to posts index

randy strome
on Dec 18, 2007 at 6:48:32 pm

Great info, thanks. I put in a call to them.

Return to posts index

Juan Martinez
on Dec 19, 2007 at 7:20:08 pm

Hello,

I work for Sony. We shared the control protocol and connector information with Varizoom. They are developing a lens control option.

Juan Martinez
Senior Manager, Sony Electronics

Juan Martinez

Return to posts index

Jeff Blauvelt
on Dec 19, 2007 at 8:25:31 pm

Juan - Can you ask them to include the focus control too like on the Varizoom unit I have for the Z1U? That would be sweet.

Return to posts index

randy strome
on Dec 19, 2007 at 10:48:23 pm

Juan,

Very cool of you to stop by here and respond to these questions. Many of us are in the have ordered/in line phase and we are anxiusly awaiting arrival. Your details are genuinely appreciated!

While we have you, can you give an ideas about any non plug in premiere integration that might be in the works.

Best,

Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]