FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP duplicates imported clips from sony 2.1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Jenkins
FCP duplicates imported clips from sony 2.1
on Nov 28, 2007 at 6:00:46 pm

FCP 6.0.2 is duplicating imported clips from sony transfer 2.1. I can only select the bottom of the 2 duplicated clips. On one disc it starts duplicating at the 20th clip in the list. On a disc we shot yesterday it starts at clip 01. I have trashed FCP prefs and deleted the disc from the transfer software and let it rebuild the proxy files but nothing helped. Anyone else seeing this or have a solution?

Thanks, Dave

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
G5 Quad - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 6.0.2-OS X 10.4.11-QT 7.3

Return to posts index

RoddyJ
Re: FCP duplicates imported clips from sony 2.1
on Nov 28, 2007 at 9:40:11 pm

I know this will not help but it has happened to me as you describe. It seems to have stopped now, and I have not got a clue why!!

The only thing I did was Uninstall and re-install the transfer software.

Roddy Jamieson

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Nov 29, 2007 at 3:04:21 am

when you reinstalled did you keep the database file which I think is in the cache folder?

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
G5 Quad - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Nov 29, 2007 at 7:10:40 am

This was an issue which first cropped up in the XDTv1.0 release and was subsequently fixed in version 1.1 ... it appears to have resurfaced for some users, but not all, with version 2.1

It's not happening to me, but it would be darned useful if we could figure it out what causes this for those affected ... has anyone looked at any of the XML files that are used for import where these errors are occurring? You can set a preference to save the import XML files that are created/used by XDT/FCP by checking the "Write Final Cut Pro XML file" option in the XDCAM Transfer menu >> Preferences window >> Import tab

As i said, it seems to be working OK for me but I'd be happy to look at the xml's from a bad one to see if theres anything obviously wrong.

Worth trying as a workaround is to create a brand new OS X user account (give it administrator privileges) ... in the new account, open XDT2.1 and accept all the default locations for the setup (don't choose new locations, just press OK)
Now try and see if you can duplicate the problem in this new account

Return to posts index

RoddyJ
on Nov 29, 2007 at 10:18:10 am

I trashed everything. I have only recently switched from P2 to XDCAM so it was no loss to me.

Roddy Jamieson

Return to posts index

Eric Temple
on Nov 29, 2007 at 1:26:30 pm

This happened to me over the weekend. As a workaround, I deleted all the imported clips from the FCP bin and reimported the whole folder containing the captured media. I'd love to find a cure for the problem however.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Dec 1, 2007 at 11:57:39 pm

I have tried deleting the database for the transfer software and reinstalled. So far nothing has fixed this problem. I will try a new user next.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
G5 Quad - AJA Kona LHe
Huge 1.2 Raid

Return to posts index

john
Re: Clip Viewer to sony 2.1 prob.
by
on Dec 3, 2007 at 5:47:20 am

We have a problem that might be related.

We used Sony clip viewer to copy files to our MacBookPro and zapped the SxS card. Now File Transfer 2.1 cannot see the files on the drive, it can only see files on the SxS card. I tried dragging and dropping the files back to the SxS card to trick it but it did not work. Although the files are on our HD File Transfer cannot open them, so they are unusable.

Any workarounds for this?

We put some full res 1080 images up at http://www.hd24p.com

Thanks
John

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Clip Viewer to sony 2.1 prob.
on Dec 3, 2007 at 8:39:09 pm

[john] "We put some full res 1080 images up at http://www.hd24p.com"

Nice! I've bookmarked your site. Still waiting for my EX to show up. Good luck with your workflows. I'll be keeping an eye on how you do and offering any assistance I can.

- Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]