FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: XDCam proxy edit Help

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ixthus27
Re: XDCam proxy edit Help
on Nov 9, 2007 at 4:39:41 am

I am searching for workflow ideas. I use the XDCam to capture footage at 1080 60i. I have Final Cut Pro Studio 2 on a G5 Mac Intel quad core 3.0 GHz with 8 gig RAM. I am using the Sony XDCAM transfer application version 1.1 to review and import clips into the system.

What I am trying to understand is how to use the proxy files to edit offline and then bring that project online to edit with the high res HD files. In the field producers and videographers are using 15" MacBook Pro's to try to rough cut shows before getting back to the studio. They dont have the ability to edit with the high res files because of HD space, RAM and processor in the MacBooks.

I need to be able to take the rough cut they have piece together in the field, put the HD high res footage on the XSAN, open the project and connect the proxy file to the high res files to complete the edit. I am assuming this can be done via media manager, but I am unable to find a workable solution. Are there any of you who are using this type of workflow?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]