FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM HD Locks up transfer software on one disc

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shipleyt
XDCAM HD Locks up transfer software on one disc
on Sep 13, 2007 at 3:33:05 pm

I'm new to XDCAM HD, 3rd disc. A disc I have been using and importing clips to FCP6 suddenly locks up transfer software and FCP. Other discs are fine. I have already imported clips from 2 shoots on the problem disc on two previous days but this morning no luck with any of the clips. I may have renamed the disc but I'm not sure. All the thumbnails play back on the F350. Any thoughts. This is really important footage.

Return to posts index

jiri vrozina
Re: XDCAM HD Locks up transfer software on one disc
on Sep 18, 2007 at 1:27:59 am

Try to hire XDCAM hd player.
This could help-perhaps it is MAC problem :-)

Return to posts index

Scot Olson
on Sep 18, 2007 at 7:57:10 pm

Are you transferring to a local drive or a network drive?

My guess is that the clip that is causing the problem is larger than 2GB and you are hitting that limit. Try setting the preferences to save to a local HSF formatted drive and see if it transfers OK.

Return to posts index

shipleyt
on Sep 18, 2007 at 8:08:47 pm

I finally got it to read the files. Operator error caused by a prompt in the Force Quit menu that said "program not responding." It said both FCP and the transfer pgm were not responding and I believed it. This was after about 20 min. Went to the jon and a few minutes later there were the files. Maybe that is the secrete. Thanks for the info on the 2GB files. There were several big files with long sound bites and that may have caused the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]