FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX Cool Thoughts

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Jurgenson
XDCAM EX Cool Thoughts
on Jun 1, 2007 at 4:04:58 pm

What if Sony decided to support uncompressed 10-bit on the HD-SDI output that is rumored to be on the camera? With 1920x1080 chips and 14-bit processing (standard on most Sony cameras these days), we'd have a mini-RED on our hands that could plug into 10-bit capture cards on set. Another cool pro feature - with the direct focus control, matte boxes with follow focus knobs should work quite well with this camera.

Sony could find itself really dominating the low end HD camera market with some easy to implement pro features in addition to the impressive feature set already announced.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: XDCAM EX Cool Thoughts
on Jun 3, 2007 at 5:02:10 am

This should be a very interresting unit. They've had a few years to see how the HVX-200 played out and then tried to improve on it's shortcomings.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 9, 2007 at 9:33:03 am

I've seen one of the prototypes and spoken to the guy in charge of the project. It's going to be something very special I think. He wouldn't tell me any details about the chips but he had a BIG smile on his face and told me I'd be very happy when they were announced.

Because the 1/2 inch XDcam HD cameras have already been accepted for full production by Discovery HD, then in theory this camera should be also. Making it the smallest camera available for full HD Broadcast production. For long form Documentary filmmakers like me it's going to be fantastic.

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Have you tried "Search Posts"? Enlightenment may be there.

Return to posts index

Jiri Vrozina
on Jun 10, 2007 at 9:32:46 pm

1920x1080 chips
Any camera (including HVX-200 and Z1) is OK for Discovery as long as program is interesting.

Return to posts index

cow
Kyle_S
on Jun 14, 2007 at 1:01:31 pm

Neither the z1 or HVX-200 are approved for anything more than partial content by Discovery, but I think you already know that.

I think many of us are with Steve hoping that with the chipset thats been talked about the XDCAM EX will be approved for a much higher content level.

K

Return to posts index

Dennis Dillon
on Jun 16, 2007 at 4:14:45 pm

Here is a link to Nigel Cooper and Simon Wyndham's review.

http://www.xdcamex.co.uk/aboutex.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]