FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM HD transfer software

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Doyle
XDCAM HD transfer software
on May 15, 2007 at 3:53:39 pm

This is cross posted in the FCP forum

I've used this software for around 20 discs of import using the 330 camera that was also used to shoot the footage. Today I went to import some footage and I got an error saying

error scanning device
failed to execute query (1: database disk image is malformatted)

I get this error on every disc I put in including discs that have already been loaded successfully in the past. I tried reinstalling the software, restarting the computer and the camera, but have had no luck.

The camera plays the disc just fine. If I switch from FAM mode to AV/C it will downconvert and capture fine using the DV easy setup.

I only get this problem when trying to use FAM mode and the sony transfer software to import HD clips.

I have a call into sony, but thought I'd see if anyone here has experienced this or has any ideas on what to try next. I was told by sony that I'd get a call back in a couple of hours so I'll let you know what they suggest if I haven't figured it out by then.

I should also mention that I only have the 330 to work with at this time.

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
Re: XDCAM HD transfer software
on May 15, 2007 at 6:25:06 pm

After talking with sony on the phone this is what I learned. The XDCAM transfer software can/may conflict with SAN software.

I restarted the computer than opened just the XDCAM transfer software and the disc worked. Then after it worked I started my san software logged into my volume opened FCP. Now I am able to use the import XDCAM footage.

The downside is in my XDCAM transfer program I lost all relation to proxies and discs that I had previously loaded.

I was told that Sony was working on their transfer software to make it more compatible with SAN software.

In our case we are using SANMP although I was told the problem also exisits with XSAN.

Anyway I'm now off to having a more productful day, altough I did learn a few things this morning.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Buruchian
Re: XDCAM HD transfer software
on May 17, 2007 at 1:21:35 pm

We have six seats of San MP and we are capturing from 3 330's thru the Sony f 30 deck (fam mode) with no problems.

Our San mp...is version 1.5.0 build 33...FCP is 5.1.2

Let us know if we can compare any other elements that might help you out

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]