FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM transfer error

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam1982
XDCAM transfer error
on Apr 5, 2007 at 3:03:56 pm

Just bought the F350 camera and hurried back to the edit suite after the first shoot. I have FCP 5.1.4 and xdcam transfer ver1.1 but the camera won't import via the firewire. I can view the proxies but when trying to import it starts then comes up with an error regarding smpte. Curious thing is i've tranferred some hd footage already when i demo'd the camera. anyone help, please

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
Re: XDCAM transfer error
on Apr 6, 2007 at 6:29:22 pm

No problems here with my 350 and 5.1.2

Alan in PALland

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Apr 10, 2007 at 8:00:41 am

please post the exact error message and the exact steps taken to produce it.
also, what format are you shooting: HQ, SP, LP, or DV ?

remember we can't see what you're seeing

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Apr 11, 2007 at 7:36:07 am

If the error was like "invalid SMPTE key - 00.00.00...", we saw this a lot with the first batch of Intel-based Macs. There was a firmware update for these Macs that fixed the problem from Apple. So, have you tried running Software Update and accepting any firmware updates?

Return to posts index

IC Media
on Apr 13, 2007 at 1:34:11 am

I just started getting this error yesterday. I have owned an F350 and F70 since September and it has always worked flawlessly. Using FCP 5.1.4 and XDCam Transfer 1.1.0. I was loading DVCam formatted footage and it wouldn't import but I could watch the proxy file. I tried re-installing XDCam Transfer and that worked for a few clip imports and then it started again. Tried trashing the preferences file and that worked for 1 import and then I got the error again. I just kept re-trying importing each clip over and over and they eventually imported. I haven't been able to find any info on this. Very strange...

Return to posts index

IC Media
on Apr 13, 2007 at 12:54:38 pm

Update on this: The footage that I imported has 1 frame of colored digital blocking about every 1 second or so. I know it was recorded clean because it plays out of the deck fine so there is some issue going on with the transfer software.

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Apr 18, 2007 at 2:36:22 pm

Hi,

Since you say it has been working flawlessly since September, it sounds like something you installed recently has broken things.

Have you used Software Update since your system was last working correctly? (Updated to OS X 10.4.9 for instance?)

Or installed any other software?

Or upgraded the firmware of your F350 or F70?

It would be really helpful to identify what causes this.

Return to posts index

cowcow
IC Media
on Apr 19, 2007 at 12:06:27 am

I have a hunch it is the 10.4.9 OS update. I can't verify for sure because I'm not sure the exact day I did the update. When I get a chance, I will do a clean OS install (hopefully this weekend) and get back to 10.4.8. and see if that is the culprit. I haven't done any other updates. By the way, this is on a G5 dual 2.5GHz and not an Intel Mac - not sure if this matters but it might.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Apr 20, 2007 at 11:29:51 am

fwiw there is no implicit conflict with 10.4.9 and xdcam transfer

even so.. it does seem as if you have a conflict somewhere. try a reinstall or better yet a clean install perhaps

Return to posts index

IC Media
on Apr 22, 2007 at 1:26:46 am

All-righty then...
I did a clean install of the OS (had to go back to 10.4.0 and go up from there) and left it at 10.4.8 and then I re-installed the XDCam transfer software version 1.1 and now it works like a champ. No transfer errors. Trying to re-trace my steps, I think that I did the 10.4.9 update and then never used the transfer software until I had the problem.

I guess it is possible that there could be a problem with OS 10.4.9 and XDCam transfer software version 1.1 on PPC Macs. I don't have a lot of software installed on that machine so I don't know what other factors may be involved. I know I have not done any other installs of anything recently. Anyone else out there encountered this?

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Apr 24, 2007 at 7:35:35 pm

Next time, you might ought to consider downloading a copy of Carbon Copy Cloner. Just do a search on Google or Yahoo and you'll find it. Then you can clone your boot drive before you do an update. This can get you out of many messes.

BTW, I have all of the latest versions with absolutely no problems with any XDCAM material in FCP 5.1.4 and MacOS 10.4.9.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]