FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mr Sharaf...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
Mr Sharaf...
on Mar 23, 2007 at 9:04:10 am

John

Just saw your name on the credits for the Lance Armstrong Discovery program. Fill us in.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Mr Sharaf...
on Mar 23, 2007 at 2:03:32 pm

Steve,

Yeah, I'm a big cycling fan so I was really happy to get the call to work on that show.

I shot a couple of the interviews and was the DIT on the Russian Arm shoot, which also was quite a treat. We used one of my Varicams and I had to disassemble my engineering rack and move my Evertz frameset into the cameracar to downconvert and feed the six SD monitors which were installed there. The extra power required that we strap a small generator onto the roof as the inverter that they normally used was overloaded. i used the EC3 to ride the iris and a Preston FIZ to focus while the operator used a joy stuck to pan, tilt and yaw and another operator controlled the arm remotely from the back of the Mercedes SUV. All together there were six of us in the car. I used a Panasonic 8.4" HD LCD for focus and the waveform function to monitor exposure.

The Russian arm is very dangerous and in fact the lens did rub up against a bridge abutment and was slightly damaged. The company was was quite honorable about paying for the repair at Canon, and it was fortunate that I had a spare 11x with me.

I thought the show cam out pretty nice and of course Lance weent on to win the Tour again shortly thereafter!

JS

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Mar 23, 2007 at 9:28:00 pm

Bravo to you. A client of our, Erchonia Medical, makes a low power cold laser that the treated Lance with every evening. It is a small hand held device with what looks like a grocery store scanner that emits two leteral beams of red lazer. It heals bone and tissue damage and it is the most amazing thing. We used one on my spine after last year's motorcycle accident and my bones healed in 1/3 the time that the doctors predicted. Now, if only I could find the lobotomy setting...

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Bill Latka
on Jun 18, 2007 at 7:37:31 pm

Hey, John:

Thanks again for your great help on The Science of Lance Armstrong. I produced the show and can vouch for everything you said - the interviews looked gorgeous and your tech skills on the Russian Arm shoot were invaluable. Here's a link to a trailer for the show: http://www.rivetentertainment.com/sola_pages/sola_index.htm

Thanks again,
Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]