FORUMS: list search recent posts

2/3 lens adapter

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paulos
2/3 lens adapter
on Feb 18, 2007 at 1:22:42 am

hey can someone explain the pros and cons of using 2/3 HD lenses on the 350 using the adaptor. i'm an editor not a shooter so basic explanation will be fine :-)

thanks

G5 DP 2.0 (Power PC)
4.0G RAM
OS 10.4.8
QT 7.1.3
FCP 5.1.2
BMD Decklink Extreme 5.9
PAL Land

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: 2/3 lens adapter
on Feb 18, 2007 at 1:48:05 am

Paulos,

The main advantage is that you can use glass intended for 2/3" camera which is more professiuonal and better designed and engineered. Your lens investment is also futureproofed for when you later buy a 2/3" camera (which you surely will).

The disadvantage is that the lenses designed for the bigger imager (2/3") will be more telephoto when used on the smaller imager (1/2") so that it will be next to impossible to make a wide angle shot, especially to do so for 4x3 use or for 4x3 protected area.

Hope this helps!

JS

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Feb 21, 2007 at 5:35:22 pm

I forget where I saw it, ebay maybe, but there is a very cheap 2/3 inch adaptor available. Mine from Sony cost

Return to posts index

Yves Chauvel
on Feb 28, 2007 at 6:56:03 pm

I found this googleiing:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=12013&A=details&Q=&sku=87... for
Price: $ 404.50.
I would like to make sure it is fully compatible with all Sony 1/2 Inch camcorder and specially the F330 I intend purchasing anytime soon.
Has anyone tried it?

Return to posts index

IC Media
on Apr 13, 2007 at 1:17:38 pm

I have the 2/3" lens adapter on my F350 and I use the Canon HJ11eX4.7B IRSE wide angle lens as my main lens. I need a wide lens for much of what I shoot and I almost never need to shoot real long. I do give up a bit of the wide angle in the conversion but not enough to affect me. By having the adapter, I can go to any broadcast rental house anywhere and not have to worry if they have 1/2" lenses available. I am extremely happy with this setup - the lens was pricey but the pictures are amazing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]