FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDW-F70 woes

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MV
PDW-F70 woes
on Feb 15, 2007 at 8:04:18 am

Hi all, we own a PDWF70 recorder only, not the camera, but since our NLE only accepts HDSDI, we have been transferring our JVC HDV footage to XDCAM HD and then acquiring through HDSDI and RS422. The great thing is that when batch acquiring, the XDCAM will skip ahead to the queued frame and then play from there. the problem is that in order for it to work at all, the disc has to be queued within 2 minutes of the in point of the desired clip. i dont have this problem with HDCAM, BetaSP, Digibeta, or any other tape-based deck using RS422, however, it is quite a pain to digitize this way and would like to continue to use this method. but i dont know where to begin troubleshooting. are there settings that i can tweak on the deck that would help this? my NLE is a media 100 HD. thanks

bobby

Return to posts index

Nate Weaver
Re: PDW-F70 woes
on Feb 15, 2007 at 6:49:01 pm

When I've tried to digitize tape-style from my PDW-F350 using FCP, I've run into this problem as well.

For those reading along, the NLEs don't seem to be able to accept the fact that the "tape deck" can magically move forwards and backwards in time.

New website, new work online:
http://www.nateweaver.net

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: PDW-F70 woes
on Feb 17, 2007 at 9:00:01 am

well, to be fair, it is the deck that is supposed to fully emulate a tape transport mechanism when in AV/C mode, its not the NLE's fault if it doesn't ... try switching to OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS > INTERFACE SELECT > REMOTE I/F > iLINK and connect set the Media100 to use Firewire for device control.
worth a shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]