FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM HD crews

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lgoldfarb
XDCAM HD crews
on Feb 9, 2007 at 11:38:12 pm

Soon, I'm starting production of several hours of content, but first I might lose all my hair trying to determine which HD format to shoot on. I'm intrigued by XDCAM. My concern is finding crews in major cities, primarily LA, San Fran, DC, Atl & Boston that own the camera and know how to shoot documentary/newsmagazine content. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Tip McPartland
Re: XDCAM HD crews
on Feb 12, 2007 at 8:32:58 am

Call me at my work number: (310) 806-4406. I am Los Angeles based, and know several other people with good XDCAM gear.

I have the 350 model with Fujinon 13x3.3 HD lens (very wide) and much more. I also have a good little "B-Cam" which is the Sony V1. The XDCAM HD shooter would be Chris Rhodes, Emmy-winning network veteran -- one of the best cam-ops in the business. I am also a competent shooter and this would be more economical, but Chris is a genius with a camera. He also owns a Cam-Mate jib and is one of the best jib operators in town.

Give me a call at the above phone number anytime between 11:00 am Monday and 5:00 pm Thursday for more information.

Tip McPartland

Return to posts index

Daniel Weber
on Feb 14, 2007 at 8:47:52 pm

I live in DC and have access to the F350 when ever I need it. Also there are several other shooters in this area that shoot for National Geographic, Discovery, etc.

Dan Weber

weberda@verizon.net

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
HDXDCREWS
on Feb 26, 2007 at 6:56:11 am

Hi
We are L.A. based & have several F350 HDXDCAMs
Check out our site. It is a work in progress.
http://WWW.HDXDCREWS.COM

Return to posts index

David Brown
on Mar 10, 2007 at 6:06:53 pm

Hi,

I have been photographing news and documentary television for over thirty years and have worked with most of the HD formats on the market including XD/HD.

XDCam HD is the format that the "Rather Reports" has chosen. If you're not familiar with it, this is a newsmagazine anchored and, often, reported by Dan Rather that is broadcast on HDNet. The camera crews are generally folks who worked with Dan at CBS. Some of us have the XDCam, many of us, including myself, don't and either rent a camera or get one from HDNet. If you'd like to contact me off-list, I'd be happy to put you in touch with crews around the country and/or discuss the benefits and limitations of XDHD and other HD formats.

David Brown
dbsouth@tampabay.rr.com

Return to posts index

cerhit
on Apr 18, 2007 at 3:35:48 pm

If you need an XDCAM crew in Vancouver feel free to contact me. We have 3x 330s, steadycam etc.

Cheers,
Craig

Craig Cerhit
Supervising Producer

Greedy Productions
Vancouver, BC
http://www.labwithleo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]