FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phantom Power Mic Issue on F330

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Allen
Phantom Power Mic Issue on F330
on Jan 22, 2007 at 11:27:51 pm

I have an XDCam F330 and I am experiencing intermittent audio problems. The problem is that occasionally (when I need it most) my Sennheiser MKH 416 which does use phantom power will not work at all. I can plug in a powered audio-technica mic in and it will work fine. Later on in the day, if I try the Sennheiser, it may or may not work. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is there something I am missing? Is there a menu item that could cause this? Any comments will be appreciated. This kind of problem is very difficult to diagnose because it is intermittent, but it will fail when I need it most. The MKH sounds much better that my other shotgun mics so I would like to correct the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Redflag
Re: Phantom Power Mic Issue on F330
on Jan 23, 2007 at 12:12:59 pm

I hope this isnt too obvious.But if you are going in direct to the camera rear XLR,s are you setting the switch above to +48 ie phantom power.

Again sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs

Return to posts index

Mike Allen
on Jan 23, 2007 at 10:48:17 pm

That was not the problem. I think it must be the mic. I was thinking about it last night and remembered that this did happen once on my DSR400, so it is not probable that it could happen on two cameras. Also, attempted using different XLR cables with no improvment. Hate to send my mic in for repair (it is only a few months old but still probably under war.)

Mike

Return to posts index

Redflag
on Jan 24, 2007 at 1:35:08 am

Yes sounds like you have been a bit unlucky,I,ve had a 416 for about 10yrs now,and its fine,they are famously indestructible.Might have been dropped at some point?

Hope it works out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]